Competentia respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Competentia collect and process your personal data through your use of this website.
Competentia AS (trading as Competentia) is the controller and responsible for this website.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes your name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Candidate Data includes your CV, work history, education and work preferences
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
3. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- To provide recruitment services and maintain our records.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about job vacancies.
- To manage our relationship with you as a potential job applicant.
- To deliver relevant website content and other communication.
- To manage any contractual obligations we may have with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
5. USE OF THIRD PARTIES
It may be necessary to share your information with a third party in the following circumstances:
- To affiliated companies in the Competentia group to perform the activities outlined above.
- To our clients, intermediaries, professional advisers and business partners for the purposes of recruitment or otherwise to fulfill any contractual obligations.
- To a third-party service provider where required such as IT (our external database), insurance or pension provides and payrolling or mobility service providers.
- If we are obliged to disclose your Personal Information under applicable law or regulation, which may include laws outside your country of residence.
- In the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or similar transaction or event.
All our third-party service providers and other entities in the group are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies.
6. TRANSFER OF INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF THE EU
Competentia is a global company with offices in America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. Your Personal Information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country outside of the EU and/or EEA where the applicable national privacy laws do not provide the same level of privacy as within the EU and/or EEA. Where such will apply, we have put in place appropriate safeguards to ensure that your data is adequately protected.
7. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know.
8. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
9. YOUR RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, such as the right to;
- Request access to your personal data held by us
- Request correction of your personal data held by us.
- Request erasure of your personal data held by us.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data held by us.
- Request transfer of your personal data held by us.
- Withdraw consent where consent has been given.
In some situations, we may require an administration fee with regards to requests.
10. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time. Any update will be published on our website.
11. CONTACT DETAILS
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact your local office.