Engineering Technician I
Engineering Technician I
Contract (9 months - till 04/20/2018)
As the increased rigor for engineering PHA's, design completeness, IR data, UT data, and Chemical optimization drives an increased need for support.
NOTE ****Most of the Tech applicants have the technical skills addressed in the description, but the pressing need is for some one that has a background in the oilfield on down hole components to be able to validate well files (digitize). This can be a rare skill but it sure would help get them off the ground and running earlier.
Provides routine administrative and technical support to land and/or engineering personnel. Loads, enters, verifies, manipulates, analyzes and reports data related to well logs and exploration activity.
- Files and retrieves engineering data
- Assists in preparation of daily, monthly reports
- Prepares and assists with bid packages, contracts and filing of service agreements
- Generates and compiles information required for government regulatory compliance
- Tracks operated AFE, field and booked costs with financial operating systems
- Enters operated and non-operated data into database
- Prepares and updates phone list for active rigs, emergency contacts and weekend duty
- Generates information for rig bonus
- Prepares well plan books for engineers
- Compiles reports detailing drilling activity, production and production rates
- Prepares support documentation for portfolio presentations
Ability to apply analytical & mathematical skills Good communication skills Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point Knowledge of specific software systems, terminology and procedures.
High school diploma required / college degree preferred Two to four years of oil & gas experience required Two or more years work experience required Or College degree with one year oil & gas experience Skills and Experience:
- COMPILING REPORTS
- COMPLIANCE REGULATIONS
- OIL PRODUCTION
- Additional Skills:
- FILE MANAGEMENT
Who are we?
Competentia is a leading specialty provider of Project Management, Engineering and Supervisory Personnel to the Oil & Gas industry globally. The company’s head office is in Norway, supporting key operational offices in Australia, China, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Trinidad, UK and USA.
With senior business management coming direct from the energy sector, the company’s ethos is to provide the highest level of service to candidates and customers alike.
Following key successes in Europe and Australasia, the company has initiated an ambitious expansion strategy, targeting the Americas, Middle East & Africa, with particular focus on the subsurface, drilling & completions sector and the expanding LNG market.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.
Our recruiters are always ready to help
If you need support in finding a new role, we are always here to support you. Contact your local Competentia office to speak to an expert today.