Category Manager - IT
Our client, an Operator in the midstream sector, has an exciting position for a Category Manager - IT to join their Houston downtown office. The Senior Category Manager for IT is responsible for overall management of the Information Technology Category for Company. This includes building and maintaining the category strategy, implementation of Supplier agreements, the resolution of all contractual issues and Supplier Performance and Relationship Management. The Senior Category Specialist is a key member of the Category Management team, with responsibility to set the strategic direction and manage the category effectively to support the development and execution of supply chain management plans that produce desired business results. The Specialist reports directly to the Category Manager In-Direct Materials and Services. In depth knowledge of the related Information Technology supply market, all typical or standard contract provisions such as required version control, rights to code in the event of supplier failure, disaster recovery, including provisions regarding warranties, confidentiality, title and risk of loss, reporting requirements, taxes, indemnities and insurance provisions. Also in depth knowledge of typical contract structure and contract negotiation skills. In depth knowledge of all Company systems to include IT infrastructure, Oracle, Maximo and Terminal control systems.
· Work closely with Company’s IT Department and all business groups requiring IT solutions including development of the strategy, identification of the supply base, development and issuance of requests for information/proposals and full evaluation process.
· Coordinate with the IT Department to ensure that a Contract Owner/Supplier Manager is assigned to each contracted Supplier.
· Collaborate with the Legal Department, Finance Dept. (includes Tax), HSE, Supply Chain, Operations (or any other department/function) as appropriate, to ensure contractual and commercial risks and exposures are clearly identified, analyzed and properly addressed in contractual provisions.
· Assist the Operations’ Managers, the Management Team and the relevant departments/functions with the review and assessment of the commercial exposure present in our IT Contracts.
· Ensure that IT Contracts for licenses, products and/or services are in compliance with the Supply Chain Contracts Best Practices.
· Review and assess the potential liabilities present in IT Contracts in order to provide expert advice to the client.
· Provide overall Category Management advice to Management and actively seeks involvement in business plans, strategies and operations as part of the management team and in line with Category strategies.
· In coordination with the Legal Department, assists with resolution of contract claims or disputes whenever necessary.
· Manage and administer contract-related records in the relevant Contracts database
· Negotiate and resolve contractual disputes, being responsible for negotiation strategies, resolution and follow up in coordination with the Legal Department, Operations & other relevant functions.
· Participate in the Category Management training and development initiatives.
· Manage the acquisition process for IT products and services from vendor/providers, engaging appropriate Legal support throughout the vendor negotiation process, facilitating requirements gathering from IT for new contracts and contract renewals.
· Effectively contain and reduce costs (Cost Avoidance and Cost Reduction);
· Develop and maintain a broad understanding of technology and the technology industry through the assessment of emerging and changing business and technical needs, as well as industry best practices.
Education and Certifications: A Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or related Business area is required.
Experience: Significant experience (10+ yrs.) in the IT industry including experience and/or exposure in Operations, Legal, Contracts, Finance, Sales, Marketing or Law Firms.
Computer skills including Oracle Purchasing, Oracle Payables, Oracle Inventory, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project, Adobe Acrobat Professional), SharePoint, and Documentum.
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.
By applying to jobs listed here, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of our Privacy Statement.
It’s important that you review the policy before applying to jobs, to understand how the data you supply is used.