Contract (6 months)
Texas City, TX
- The successful candidate will ensure employees are scheduled for work and compensated accurately and timely based on Company pay practices and procedures, legal requirements, and the union contracts.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the time entry/front-end payroll processing and daily shift scheduling for hourly unionized refinery employees. Initially, the role will focus on assisting with the timekeeping process.
- Generate and maintain schedules in Work Loud for hourly employees by coordinating with supervision
- Coordinate and maintain hourly vacation schedules per established policy and contract guidelines
- Update and maintain employee information in SAP such as shift changes
- Enter hourly employees’ exception time in CATS (SAP timekeeping system), ensuring appropriate supporting documentation
- Approve hourly attendance and absences in CATS, utilizing the schedule and gate logs for verification
- Run and analyze reports to proactively identify and correct timekeeping issues
- Assist supervisors and employees in problem solving time keeping issues
- Answer questions regarding payroll, paychecks or time reporting for employees.
- Produce periodic reports for absenteeism, overtime, etc.
- Track hourly employee progressions and notify HR Administrative Assistants when employees are due for progression.
- Ensure payroll practices are in compliance with all federal, state and local laws, as well as company procedures. Participate in internal and SOX audits; address any findings.
- Prepare user training materials and documentation. Train hourly employees and/or supervisors on how to use WorkLoud and CATS.
- Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with other departments and employees
- Complete special projects and other administrative related work as assigned by supervisor
The requirements for this position are listed below:
• High School Diploma or GED required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, and SAP
- Willingness and ability to work weekends and follow a 12-hour rotating shift schedule
- Ability to prioritize work, work under pressure, and comply with strict deadlines with minimal supervision is critical. A high degree of accuracy and urgency is imperative
- Ability to develop and maintain a professional working relationship with other departments and employees
- Bachelor Degree in Business related major or 5 years payroll experience strongly preferred.
- Five years of relevant experience in a manpower scheduling role is preferred
- Experience working with administration of complex pay rules governed by labor contracts is desirable
Who are we?
Competentia is a leading specialty provider of Project Management, Engineering and Supervisory Personnel to the Oil & Gas industry globally. The company’s head office is in Norway, supporting key operational offices in Australia, China, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Trinidad, UK and USA.
With senior business management coming direct from the energy sector, the company’s ethos is to provide the highest level of service to candidates and customers alike.
Following key successes in Europe and Australasia, the company has initiated an ambitious expansion strategy, targeting the Americas, Middle East & Africa, with particular focus on the subsurface, drilling & completions sector and the expanding LNG market.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.
Our recruiters are always ready to help
If you need support in finding a new role, we are always here to support you. Contact your local Competentia office to speak to an expert today.