Location: GoM (14/14 rotation)
Status: Contract (3 months)
- Subsea Supervisor for WWD shall supervise subsea drilling operations, and shall be degree qualified, preferably in supervision of the following disciplines: engineering/construction (BS, MS, MBA)
- Professional qualifications in cost/schedule engineering and/or project management highly desirable
- Has expertise in a core discipline area developed from knowledge, training and experience
- Quickly grasps different concepts and is seen as someone who applies knowledge creatively and intelligently to solve problems
- Takes initiative within the team and across team/discipline boundaries to widen personal network
- Broadens within own discipline to undertake more complex tasks and proactively seeks training and experience-broadening opportunities to build a more detailed knowledge of the function and the division
- Works well within teams, solving problems by using own experience-set and outside resources
- Plans and carries out projects or tasks with minimal supervision and provides regular, meaningful verbal and documented reports to Team Lead or Subsea Engineering Manager.
Additional Job Details:
Responsible for the operational, technical, safety, environmental, financial and administrative aspects of D&C operations, while ensuring compliance with company policies, standards, and statutory requirements.
- Well-developed leadership ability and management skills
- Excellent technical and operational understanding of offshore D&C operations.
- Understanding of upstream E&P business
- Developed negotiating and contracting skills
- Advanced safety and risk management skills
- Strong knowledge of industry-accepted HSE best practices.
- Familiar with local/regional regulatory requirements
- Good contract administration skills.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills.
Qualifications and Training:
- Engineering or Science Degree
- Training matrix to cover role-specific training courses.
- 8+ years in drilling, completions and workover industry.
- Experience in several offshore campaigns.
- 2+ years of wellsite experience (DP preferred).
- 2+ years in Senior Drilling Engineer role.
- Health, Safety and Environment
- Ensure all operations are conducted in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Ensure HSE management systems are communicated effectively to personnel.
- Verify implementation of proactive behavior based programs.
- Audit wellsite operations against Well Control and HSE requirements.
- Ensure incidents are fully investigated and reported, and facilitate ICAM as necessary.
- Ensure all emergency drills are conducted and properly documented.
- Verify all direct reports have active well control and H2S (if applicable) certifications.
- Ensure all required third party audits and actions are closed out in a timely manner.
- Plan, implement and close-out HSE audits of contractors and their equipment.
- Ensure compliance of Petroleum HSE Standards by contractors; has single-point accountability throughout the campaign.
- Responsible for all Contractor HSE issues. Operations
- Monitor all wellsite activities and logistics.
- Manage development of wellsite personnel and prepare performance assessments.
- Maintain effective cost control for all operations.
- Monitor and audit operations, contingencies, and emergency response plans.
- Provide operational support during preparation of the well program.
- Identify, implement and monitor productivity initiatives.
- Liaise with rig contractor and service contractors.
- Ensure rig contractor is in full compliance with contractual obligations.
- Verify operations are in compliance with Petroleum Lifting Controls.
- Verify all vendors have been inducted to client requirements and expectations.
- Accountable for all rig move operations.
- Participate in periodic contractor facility audits and inspections.
- Ensure any material changes to the well program follow the MOC process. Cameron horizontal tree systems and associated tools are required
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.