Location: GoM (14/14 rotation)
Status: Contract (3 months)
- Subsea Supervisor for WWD shall supervise subsea drilling operations, and shall be degree qualified, preferably in supervision of the following disciplines: engineering/construction (BS, MS, MBA)
- Professional qualifications in cost/schedule engineering and/or project management highly desirable
- Has expertise in a core discipline area developed from knowledge, training and experience
- Quickly grasps different concepts and is seen as someone who applies knowledge creatively and intelligently to solve problems
- Takes initiative within the team and across team/discipline boundaries to widen personal network
- Broadens within own discipline to undertake more complex tasks and proactively seeks training and experience-broadening opportunities to build a more detailed knowledge of the function and the division
- Works well within teams, solving problems by using own experience-set and outside resources
- Plans and carries out projects or tasks with minimal supervision and provides regular, meaningful verbal and documented reports to Team Lead or Subsea Engineering Manager.
Additional Job Details:
Responsible for the operational, technical, safety, environmental, financial and administrative aspects of D&C operations, while ensuring compliance with company policies, standards, and statutory requirements.
- Well-developed leadership ability and management skills
- Excellent technical and operational understanding of offshore D&C operations.
- Understanding of upstream E&P business
- Developed negotiating and contracting skills
- Advanced safety and risk management skills
- Strong knowledge of industry-accepted HSE best practices.
- Familiar with local/regional regulatory requirements
- Good contract administration skills.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills.
Qualifications and Training:
- Engineering or Science Degree
- Training matrix to cover role-specific training courses.
- 8+ years in drilling, completions and workover industry.
- Experience in several offshore campaigns.
- 2+ years of wellsite experience (DP preferred).
- 2+ years in Senior Drilling Engineer role.
- Health, Safety and Environment
- Ensure all operations are conducted in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Ensure HSE management systems are communicated effectively to personnel.
- Verify implementation of proactive behavior based programs.
- Audit wellsite operations against Well Control and HSE requirements.
- Ensure incidents are fully investigated and reported, and facilitate ICAM as necessary.
- Ensure all emergency drills are conducted and properly documented.
- Verify all direct reports have active well control and H2S (if applicable) certifications.
- Ensure all required third party audits and actions are closed out in a timely manner.
- Plan, implement and close-out HSE audits of contractors and their equipment.
- Ensure compliance of Petroleum HSE Standards by contractors; has single-point accountability throughout the campaign.
- Responsible for all Contractor HSE issues. Operations
- Monitor all wellsite activities and logistics.
- Manage development of wellsite personnel and prepare performance assessments.
- Maintain effective cost control for all operations.
- Monitor and audit operations, contingencies, and emergency response plans.
- Provide operational support during preparation of the well program.
- Identify, implement and monitor productivity initiatives.
- Liaise with rig contractor and service contractors.
- Ensure rig contractor is in full compliance with contractual obligations.
- Verify operations are in compliance with Petroleum Lifting Controls.
- Verify all vendors have been inducted to client requirements and expectations.
- Accountable for all rig move operations.
- Participate in periodic contractor facility audits and inspections.
- Ensure any material changes to the well program follow the MOC process. Cameron horizontal tree systems and associated tools are required
Complete the form below to apply for this job.