Lab Technician I
Competentia is searching for a Lab Technician for a position in Richmond, CA with a client in the energy industries.
Our client has an outstanding reputation in the industry for process driven methodology and for being on the cutting edge of Technology and Security.
Candidates must be detail oriented, have the ability to follow directions implicitly, possess laboratory skills such as precision weighing and measuring, and have glassware handling experience. Training will be provided for specific functions associated with the position.
Position Details : Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Make hand blends of experimental lubricants
• Submit samples for outside testing
• Perform bench tests to evaluate performance of lubricants. Operate test apparatus according to established specifications.
• Monitor operations and make necessary adjustments to control systems to ensure specification compliance.
• Record data and generate summary reports
• Troubleshoot equipment difficulties, initiate minor repairs
• Maintain parts / lab supplies / chemical inventory
• Maintain laboratory in a clean and orderly condition
• 0-2 years’ experience working in a laboratory or similar technical environment
• High school diploma (or equivalent)
• Valid Driver’s Licenses
• Excellent safe work history / strong safe work ethic
• Computer (PC) skills; experience creating spreadsheets and reports on a personal computer. Knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook.
•Experience using databases – chemical inventory, product spects, result database (i.e. Cispro- ESH, Gpims, Starlems)
• Ability to perform detail oriented, mistake-free work
• Excellent teamwork skills
• This is a safety-sensitive position and requires enrollment in a random drug and alcohol-screening program
• Work involves handling finished lubricants, base oils, and solvents (PPE provided/required)
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lb.
• Work schedule is 40 hours/week (Monday - Friday). 9/80 schedule available. Occasional overtime / weekend work required.
• AS / BS Chemistry (or equivalent) degree, formal training in chemistry, biology, or other science
• Experience monitoring and adjusting process control systems
•Lubricant blending and testing experience preferred
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.