Under direction of the Vice President of Commercial Operations, this individual contributes to the delivery LNG sales contracts by developing relationships with customers, analyzing and negotiating contract terms, and bringing commercial transactions to successful conclusions.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Develops and negotiates gas and LNG sale and purchase agreements
- Directly legal staff in an efficient manner to finalize drafting
- Creates and executes individual customer contracting plan to achieve project objectives
- Interacts competently with a broad group of experts, including finance, engineering, commercial, and LNG marketing veterans to balance the various requirements of a successful project, and adapts the contracting plan to changing requirements and market conditions
- Applies a deep understanding of project financial requirements in contract negotations
- Creates and delivers management presentations on commercial strategy and performance
Qualifications: (Degree / Certification / License / Experience)
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics, Engineering, or related required
- MBA, CFA preferred
- Minimum of total 15 years’ experience in a combination of:
- Major or large independent upstream oil and gas company, or pipeline operator company;
- Senior business development or management experience with delivering complex negotiations and agreements;
- Strategy and long-term planning in oil & gas, pipeline transportation, or LNG business;
- Experience with pipeline regulatory issues and federal and state regulatory agencies.
- Thorough understanding of the Alaskan oil & gas industry and the political and governmental issues and processes preferred.
- A highly motivated self-starter with sound business sense, an ability to think strategically, and develop business plans with the detail to achieve delivery.
- Experience in the upstream oil and gas business and in contract negotiations and agreements with a track record of delivery.
- A team player with proven leadership, motivational, and influencing skills.
- Ability to recognize project risks and opportunities, and develop interventions.
- Ability to work effectively in complex organizational structures.
- Can communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.
By applying to jobs listed here, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of our Privacy Statement.
It’s important that you review the policy before applying to jobs, to understand how the data you supply is used.