Competentia seeks a Data Engineer for a position located in Denver, CO. Qualified individuals will be responsible for data management, data analysis/interpretation and development of tools and scorecards.
- This position requires 3+ years of transferrable experience.
- Robust computer skills including MS Office and other productivity software. Computing Skills desired
- SQL Server
- Oracle SQL/T-SQL (Transact SQL)
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Active Data Objects (ADO)
- OLE (object linking and embedding)
- Scripting (any language)
- Demonstrated ability to learn new applications quickly. Experience with SpotFire, OpenWells, SAP, Aries, OFM, PowerTools, a plus, but not required.
- Recommends preliminary conclusions for complex problems and data analysis for further evaluation.
- In addition the candidate should have a strong background database management and related computer applications.
- Self-motivated individual with strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and interpersonal communication skills.
- Takes initiative to maintain and increase technical and working knowledge.
- A high level of initiative, energy, creativity and willingness to learn with good interpersonal skills and an ability to work well within a multi-discipline team.
- Provides assistance to less experienced staff, as needed.
- Seeks feedback from management and other involved disciplines.
- Requires limited supervision.
- Role model for highest professional and ethical behavior.
- Support engineering & planning staff by combining data to develop, update and monitor multiple engineering databases.
- Perform analysis on engineering data for troubleshooting and problem solving efforts.
- Analyze processes and recommend implementation for process improvements.
- Streamline and automate manual procedures.
- Coordinate and communicate across disciplines, applying lessons learned and best practices.
- Maintain data used for evaluating asset performance and economics for quarterly and year end business reviews.
- May be responsible for written and verbal presentations to management.
- Takes an active part in team meetings and decisions.
- Uphold all company environmental, health and safety policies and principles.
B.S. Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or other related scientific discipline preferred, but not required. Rate will be commensurate with education and experience.
This position is not eligible for relocation and may have some limited travel (less than 10%)
40 hour work week schedule
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.