Field Service Tech - Solar Electrical
PV Field Service Technician - Puerto Rico
We are currently searching for Field Service Technician to support our clients' Operations and Maintenance Department.
The Field Service Technician’s primary responsibility is to support the O&M activities by exercising independent judgment on how to maintain the performance of the solar systems, investigate and correct system issues, provide excellent customer service to our Customers, and ensure a smooth workflow and optimally performing solar systems.
· Performing maintenance and service tasks for solar customers in assigned territories.
- Diagnose and repair solar systems and electrical components.
· Evaluating systems accurately for maintenance, warranty, and other purposes.
· Providing on-site troubleshooting for solar systems.
- Identify solutions to resolve technical design problems including electrical systems used during construction.
· Collaborating closely with technical team to resolve technical issues.
- Prepare and summarize results into executive summary recommendations and communications.
· Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams
· Providing training to service staff on how to identify and resolve issues, repairs, etc.
· Providing training to customers about products usage and maintenance.
· Managing and resolving customer concerns and issues in a timely manner, and communicate and document progress to customer and relevant client employees.
· Documenting key communications in appropriate client software.
· Developing positive and professional relationships with all channel partners and service only providers.
· Developing knowledge of all roof types and the appropriate flashings and mounts to use on those roofs.
· Completing quality assurance inspections, documenting corrective actions, and ensuring completion of corrective items within reasonable timelines.
· Maintain compliance with all Client safety policies and practices
· Performing any other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years electrical experience required
- 3+ years in the solar electric industry experience preferred
- Electrician license is preferred
- Working knowledge of the NEC preferred.
- Formal apprenticeship and or Vocational training.
- Must possess a current, valid Driver license.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Must be willing to travel for some projects; travel estimated at 10-15%
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds; Oversized items, assistance is provided.
- Must be able to carry up to 60 pounds.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk and drive for up to 8 hours at a time
- Work postures include: reaching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, squatting, crawl, bending, twisting, climbing, and handling object above/below the shoulders.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Projects a professional appearance
- Very strong organizational and communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Able to work an adjusting schedule and respond to emergencies.
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.