Field Service Tech - Solar Electrical
PV Field Service Technician - Puerto Rico
We are currently searching for Field Service Technician to support our clients' Operations and Maintenance Department.
The Field Service Technician’s primary responsibility is to support the O&M activities by exercising independent judgment on how to maintain the performance of the solar systems, investigate and correct system issues, provide excellent customer service to our Customers, and ensure a smooth workflow and optimally performing solar systems.
· Performing maintenance and service tasks for solar customers in assigned territories.
- Diagnose and repair solar systems and electrical components.
· Evaluating systems accurately for maintenance, warranty, and other purposes.
· Providing on-site troubleshooting for solar systems.
- Identify solutions to resolve technical design problems including electrical systems used during construction.
· Collaborating closely with technical team to resolve technical issues.
- Prepare and summarize results into executive summary recommendations and communications.
· Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams
· Providing training to service staff on how to identify and resolve issues, repairs, etc.
· Providing training to customers about products usage and maintenance.
· Managing and resolving customer concerns and issues in a timely manner, and communicate and document progress to customer and relevant client employees.
· Documenting key communications in appropriate client software.
· Developing positive and professional relationships with all channel partners and service only providers.
· Developing knowledge of all roof types and the appropriate flashings and mounts to use on those roofs.
· Completing quality assurance inspections, documenting corrective actions, and ensuring completion of corrective items within reasonable timelines.
· Maintain compliance with all Client safety policies and practices
· Performing any other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years electrical experience required
- 3+ years in the solar electric industry experience preferred
- Electrician license is preferred
- Working knowledge of the NEC preferred.
- Formal apprenticeship and or Vocational training.
- Must possess a current, valid Driver license.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Must be willing to travel for some projects; travel estimated at 10-15%
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds; Oversized items, assistance is provided.
- Must be able to carry up to 60 pounds.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk and drive for up to 8 hours at a time
- Work postures include: reaching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, squatting, crawl, bending, twisting, climbing, and handling object above/below the shoulders.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Projects a professional appearance
- Very strong organizational and communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Able to work an adjusting schedule and respond to emergencies.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.