Location: Houston, TX / Bartlesville, OK (position can be located in either location)
Duration: 12 months
Responsible for developing and implementing the data models for assigned reports, dashboards and business intelligence applications including, but not limited to, gathering necessary data requirements, understanding presentation layer needs and developing the semantic layer, analytic views, virtualization layers, logical data models, working with the application DBA’s to implement better physical data models and working with developers on solving challenging and difficult data and data performance issues.
This position will help our client’s Alaska division with their Data Analytics and Management strategy by working to optimize their Teradata data warehouse, help model new data sets into Teradata, manage Teradata security for the business unit, and lead Teradata architecture initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7-10 years of experience required (Senior-level)
- Proficiency in SAP, Oracle/SQL RDBMS, Teradata required
- Proficiency in Cisco and MS Office preferred
- Demonstrates creative thinking to resolve problems.
- Provides hands-on technical knowledge & leadership working with database developers, DBAs, architects, data quality analysts, and other teams as well as manages relationships within context of the individual role.
- Understands advanced aspects of discipline and is viewed as an expert in given field.
- Applies broad range of competencies to develop solutions to complex problems.
- Influences others to achieve objectives.
- Often provides specialized/technical/functional guidance to others within department and/or business asset.
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.