Location: Midland, TX
The position sits within the Land department but works closely with other departments to achieve the mapping needs of the organization. The GIS Analyst is expected to perform a variety of duties in support of this mission. Domain knowledge of the oil and gas industry is preferred along with proficient knowledge of GIS concepts such as spatial data creation and management, data visualization, spatial analysis, web mapping, and systems administration.
- Maintain internal file-based repository of GIS data and related documents
- Digitize spatial features from legal documents, plats and other data sources
- Update detailed attribute information across dozens of data layers
- Manage content stored in ArcSDE geodatabases
- Create custom maps and visual aids per user request
- Manage key data layers across the organization
- Export spatial data in a variety of formats for internal and external use
- Construct models and scripts to automate workflow processes
- Administer ArcGIS Server and Portal accounts
- Publish GIS web resources and services to Enterprise GIS systems
- Manage content stored in ArcGIS online and Portal
- Create web maps with user-generated content and content from the web
- Configure custom web mapping applications for different business units
- Generate data and maps for key investor presentations and related documents
- Bachelor’s Degree in GIS or applicable related field
- Successful work experience using ArcGIS Desktop and related tools and extensions
- Prior experience with ArcSDE technology and database administration
- Prior experience installing and updating ArcGIS Server and Portal
- Demonstrated working knowledge of ArcGIS Server and publishing services
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Portal for ArcGIS and ArcGIS Online
- Significant proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Knowledge of oil and gas land concepts such as leases, contracts, special provisions, etc.
- Familiarity with ArcGIS Pro and Esri-related mobile applications
- Familiarity with P2 Land and P2 GIS systems
- Basic programming and scripting skills
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.
By applying to jobs listed here, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of our Privacy Statement.
It’s important that you review the policy before applying to jobs, to understand how the data you supply is used.