Facilities Engineer (Platteville)
This Facilities Engineering position is located in our Client’s Platteville office and is a member of the Midstream Operations Engineering Team. This position provides technical support to field operations, ensuring safe facility design and optimized operations. This position will work closely with field staff to support compression and gathering pipelines.
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in Oil and Gas Facilities Engineering including gas and oil pipelines, and field compression.
- Understanding and demonstrated ability to development and use of typical process safety information including Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID), PSV calcs, ect.
- Working knowledge and process simulation and industry related software ( Pro Max, UniSim, VMGSim, compressor sizing, control valve sizing, separator sizing, equipment sizing, etc.).
- Strong communication skills and proficiency with standard office software such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are required.
- Working knowledge of applicable industry and regulatory codes and standards for pipeline gathering and field compression (ASME B31.3, B31.4, B31.8 and related DOT).
- Provide day to day Facilities Engineering support to Operations for gathering and compression.
- Optimization of base operations including development and implementation of projects to increase production, reduce costs, improve safety, and ensure compliance.
- Analyze field problems and support technical assessment in determining various causes & solutions of problems reported from the field.
- Providing technical input to a Management of Change process and develop process safety information.
- Participation in Process Hazard Analysis
- Evaluate and determine equipment sizing and develop equipment specifications for purchase and installation.
- Interface with Operations field staff, HSE, Construction, State & Local regulatory agencies and Construction Engineering groups.
- Providing technical input and review of standard operating procedures
Bachelor's degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
Valid driver’s license with no restrictions that would prohibit driving a company vehicle is required
EIT or PE are a plus
This position may be eligible for domestic relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0 - 25%
This position is eligible for 5/40 work schedule.
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.
By applying to jobs listed here, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of our Privacy Statement.
It’s important that you review the policy before applying to jobs, to understand how the data you supply is used.