Technical Assistant III
Competentia is sourcing for a Technical Assistant to work in San Ramon, CA area for a client in the oil & gas industry.
Responsibilities for this position may include:
• Handles all administrative assistant responsibilities for assigned Patent and Trademark attorneys, Patent Agents and legal analysts, including but not limited to: managing calendars in Outlook, coordinating meeting logistics, preparing preread, creating presentations, preparing correspondence, etc.
• Provides backup legal and administrative support to additional members of the Intellectual Property Law Group, including the Chief Intellectual Property Counsel, as needed in times of heavy demands and/or absences of other team members.
• Prepares and files documents using USPTO electronic filing system.
• Prepares documents for all stages of U.S. patent prosecution, including drafting of transmittals, responses to missing parts, assignments and declarations, information disclosure statements, and application data sheets.
• Generates reports, presentations and other communications as required, utilizing various software and applications, such as MS Office and IP Manager.
• Handles and processes e-billings, invoices, and payments within the legal software system.
• Analyzes and collects patent application information and documentation, as required.
• Maintains and manages patent docket to ensure deadlines are met.
• Knowledge of patent research on Lexis/Nexis and other web-based intellectual property resources is preferred.
• Creates, formats, and revises legal documents and proofreads them to ensure accuracy and consistency.
• Coordinates domestic and international travel logistics. Manages processing of visas and passports where required for international travel. Prepares detailed itineraries. Provides background information for meetings and trips. Tracks and gathers related expenses and compiles expense reports in expense tracking system.
• Sets up and maintains files, indexes and prepares files for offsite storage, uploads documents into SharePoint, and performs general clerical duties.
• Maintains effective communications with peers, attorneys, managers and leaders.
• Provides back-up/relief to other legal assistants.
• Handles special projects as requested.
• High School degree or equivalent.
• 3+ years secretarial/administrative and Patent experience in a law firm or in-house legal department.
• Must maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Able to effectively communicate (written and oral) with all levels of the organization to effectively convey ideas.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize and meet deadlines; must be self-motivated.
• Able to multi-task, anticipate needs and follow through on assigned tasks.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are crucial.
• Able to problem solve and use good judgment in making sound decisions quickly.
• Proficiency in MS office applications: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
• Good attendance record
• Experience with IP Manager.
• Experience with SharePoint.
• Experience with e-billing and matter management systems.
• Experience setting up vendors in a payment system.
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.