LINE-PIPE & MATERIAL LEAD ENGINEER
Missions / Service dimensions
The service holder shall ensure:
- Pipe mills maintain the pipe delivery schedule,
- All relevant Engineering / Qualification / Manufacturing / Fabrication / Testing documents related to line pipe fabrication (and as needed pipeline construction) are reviewed. This includes material selection, specifications, welding procedures, welding qualifications, testing procedures, ITP etc.
- Line pipe Quality is maintained at the standard required,
- Awareness of and compliance with HSE standards and business ethics by subordinates and contractors
- Ensure Engineering / Qualification / Manufacturing / Fabrication / Testing activities are performed in line with Line pipe and construction Contracts requirements and Project Specifications.
- Conducting inspections at Vendor’s facilities as in necessary.
- Ensuring HSE requirements are taken into consideration during design.
- Ensure that work scopes are carried out in line with current Local Regulations and Group standards, and obtain derogations for any deviations from Company General Specifications.
- To promote 3C E&P. Follow up the activities of Contractor(s), and strive to optimise costs and achieve value at every opportunity.
- Ensure Pipe mills updated integrated plans and daily progress is available for use and input into planning system.
- Monitor Pipe Mills achievements and provide input to weekly and monthly reports. Appraise Pipeline POs delivery Manager of main issues.
- Lead, organize and manage the Pipe mill assigned inspection team and manage interfaces with the Pipe Mill in a good working atmosphere.
- Internally the position holder co-ordinates with the Pipeline Technical team, HSEQ and the ESM team (also providing support on materials matters such as welding and NDT for construction) Externally the position holder will liaise and co-ordinate with the various contractors. To adopt and demonstrate exemplary behaviour with regard H3SE and H3SE rules implementation
- To adopt and demonstrate exemplary behaviour with regard to Ethics and project “code of conduct” policy
- To participate to meetings with partners, authorities and other stakeholders as required.
- To carry out any other duties or tasks that may be required by the position.
- Qualification: MSc (or equivalent formal qualification) in Material Engineering
- Languages: English as mother tongue or Fluent in English (speaking and writing).
- Professional Experience: minimum 10 years in Oil &Gas Industry with similar large scale projects & complex environment.
- Experience within project: Working knowledge of the key concerned engineering disciplines:- Materials and Welding / NDE expertise.
- Starting date: August 2018
- Duration : 3 years
- Location (country/site): Paris – one week approx. for handover Then UK London area (3rd Q 2018), then Tanzania Dar Es Salaam 1st Q2020.
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.