Positions Available in Houston, Texas
Our client is the world's leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. Working in more than 85 countries and employing approximately 100,000 people who represent over 140 nationalities, our client supplies the industry's most comprehensive range of products and services, from exploration through production and integrated pore-to-pipeline solutions for hydrocarbon recovery that optimize reservoir performance.
The Procurement Specialist ensures items or services are purchased from specified suppliers and are delivered upon agreed terms and conditions seeking maximum value for the company including agreed time and cost.
Looking for candidates with 1-5 years of experience.
Responsible for PO processing
- Supports user in purchase request definition when needed
- Defines the correct buying channel for each request, chooses the best supplier in term of price, quality and lead time
- Ensures that a PO is created correctly (BORG info, currencies, quantity, etc.), follows up any issues related to PO creation
- Supplier PO Creation and Dispatch to Supplier.
- Involves Procurement Specialist Spot buyer in spot buys when no catalogs are available
- Involves Procurement Specialist Field in spot buys when local knowledge is required or if purchase threshold is exceeded
Manage day-to-day interactions with suppliers and Field Purchasing Leaders
Escalation of complex issues to Procurement Team Leader
Continuous improvement and knowledge management
- Performs problem solving for non-complex issues with operations user
- Triggers catalog and buying guide updates when required
- Proposes documentation changes / improvements to process when required
- Ensures full compliance with HSE and TCC policies
- Track deviations and raise non-conformance in QUEST
- Participate in Continuous Improvement projects when required
- Uses all required procurement tools when required or mandated by process (Ariba, ASL, QUEST)
Required and Desired Skills:
- Previous experience in transactional procurement a plus but not mandatory
- Previous experience in commercial negotiating with suppliers
- Effective Business Communication (Written and Oral)
- Comprehensive understanding of client’s Procurement and ERP Systems.
- Knowledge of the Procure To Pay (P2P) Process, Approved Procurement channels, Approved Supplier List, and Supplier Identification
- Ability to interact in English and potentially other language relevant in local hub
- Technical and supplier knowledge for one category and potential business segment
- Passion for customer service
- Effective at cross-functional / cross-cultural teamwork
- Ability to interact with operations persons on basic technical requests
- Ability to work quickly and on numerous requests simultaneously while under timeline pressures
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain, Engineering or Manufacturing (or comparable degree) or requisite work experience
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.