Cost Control Specialist
Associate Cost Control Specialist working under supervision of Staff Cost Control Lead or Cost Control Specialist for a project.
• Support assigned area within a project
• Maintain and support project cost monthly
• Coordinate engineering, procurement and construction reporting
• Identify and plan all cost activities on the project
• Input cost activities into the cost control system
• Process invoices for engineering, procurement and construction
• Provide monthly cost reporting, trending, forecast at completion analysis, cost and variance analysis
• Prepare procedures for project control activities to include budget preparation, forecasts, estimating and benchmarks
• Support Cost Control Lead in risk mitigation and contingency planning process
• Interfaces and coordinates with the planning and scheduling specialists to ensure that data is incorporated into the integrated project schedule
Basic Requirements/Required Skills & competencies:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Accounting
• 3 - 5 years relevant project experience
• Technical competency in the field of project controls.
• Basic understanding of the project process and interactions required to execute projects
• Background in the technical areas related to the project
• Understanding of the estimating process and developing budgets within a WBS
• Fundamental knowledge of processes and standards
• Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of professionals
• Good judgment to ensure decisions are “value adding”
• Proficient in Microsoft Project Suite; Excel, Work Power Point
• Working knowledge of SAP and Primavera Project Scheduling a plus
• Open to relocation
Preferred Skills & Competencies:
• Proven management and staff leadership skills
• Experience in some area of projects such as engineering, construction execution and/or project controls
• Knowledge of project controls, cost engineering, planning & scheduling, forecasting (work in place progress/earned value) accruals and general accounting
• Experience with interfacing with engineering and construction contractors
• Competent in written communications and presentation
• Some field experience in construction related activities
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.