Construction Advisor - Japan
Our Client is developing Mozambique’s first onshore LNG Park which will meet the increasing world demand for a sustainable, reliable and cleaner source of energy. They are currently in need of a Construction Advisor to work in Japan. The expected commencement date is Q1 2019 with an option for contract renewal on a yearly basis.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES - Provision of a qualified and experienced Construction Advisor to report directly to the LNG Construction Manager or designate. The Construction Advisor is responsible for the construction assurance of the design of the LNG Facility, ensuring that constructability is implemented and verified. The Advisor will oversee the contractor's design of the LNG facilities and will lead the construction assurance effort.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities include:
- Ensure Contractor is meeting Project HSSSE requirements.
- Ensure all Client corporate standards are adhered to and implemented.
- Ensure Contractor is progressing in line with Company expectation and established execution plan.
- Act as Company representative for the execution of specified Work Packages.
- Management of change and ensure the MOC process is adhered to.
- Ensure that the appropriate levels of assurance are exercised.
- Participate in design and constructability reviews.
- Participate in Risk Assessments and pre-mobilization reviews.
- Facilitate communications between project and Contractor.
- Provide input to progress meetings and reports.
- Oversight and coordination of Contractor Planning and execution activities.
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.