Will oversee the Commissioning, startup and operations of the facility. This position participates in reviewing and developing the methodology and procedures to ensure the facility is started safety and efficiently.
This position will also participate in the preparation of reports for management to define the status of the startup and operations of the facility. He will also provide knowledge transfer on the operations of the facility to the permanent Operations staff. Support for (pre)-commissioning activities will be required. Key performance parameters will be developed through the start-up and Commissioning requirements.
This position will be located at site to assist with construction, system completion, (pre-)commissioning and start-up activities. Transportation Worker Identification Credentials (TWIC) will be required.
- Oversee the start-up and normal operations of the facility
- Work with the EPC contractor to optimize the startup and operations through the phases
- Transfer knowledge through guidance and on the job training of permanent staff
- Develops the methods used to measure a successful startup
- Participates in the collection of data used to evaluate the start-up performance standards
- Assist with JSA, punch-listing, system completion, commissioning and start-up as part of the integrated team.
- Reports on unit performance relative to the performance standard
- Actively support the Build It Clean and Build It Tight program
- Support the reviews and approval of the Contractor documentation, ensuring compliance with project and industry standards
- Support the pre-commissioning and commissioning activities as they are executed in the field
Education (bold are required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Instrument, Electrical or Chemical Engineering or equivalent Industry Experience in a startup and operations position
Experience (bold are required)
- 5 years with equivalent industry experience in operations of which at least 2 years in Liquefaction facility
- Start-up and commissioning experience
Skills/ Knowledge/ Abilities (bold are required)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Word and Excel
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.