Vessel field coating operation readiness engineer
Vessel Field Joint Coating operations readiness engineer
Mission and description of the Role
- Interface with the Offshore Engineering function to receive information on the proposed FJC philosophy and technological cycles times in order to assist, ensure and optimize adequacy of proposed FJC solution onboard the Vessels maximizing the proposed production;
- Optimize FJC cycle times to match vessels and operations requirements;
- Participate to the minimization of the learning curve, the adequacy of the vessel productivity with the target one, propose any optimization with regards to FJC technological times and / or FJC set up etc.. and liaise accordingly with adequate departments contributing to the overall reduction of the FJC related installation costs;
- Assist with the preparation of the lay barge productivity documents liaising with areas operations managers and VOM;
- Follow?up the FJC activities on the vessel in order to monitor the vessel productivity and support in case of any issue happening onboard with reference to vessel productivity; Lease with Asset to check and optimize the proposed budget of equipment, spare parts and consumables proposing possible synergies between bids and Projects associated to the target vessel;
- Develop the training and qualification plans for the operative resources associated (FJC Technology Engineers and Supervisors).
- 2-3 year experiences in offshore installation business
- Knowledge of main Welding Techniques (GMAW, SAW, SMAW, FCAW, GTAW), familiar with Welding procedures, welding equipment and consumables.
- Knowledge of Offshore environment and Pipe?laying fundamentals (appreciated)
- Integrated in the operation team, under the supervision of the vessel production management, he will prepare the offshore campaign from the office and will embark onboard the pipelay vessel on rotation to start-up the production.
- Language: English mandatory
- Software: MS Office Mandatory
- Medical Fitness in date and BOSIET valid for project duration,
- Nace Lev 1 or 2 (appreciated).
Début des prestations : URGENT
Durée de la prestation : Projet mi 2019
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.