• Accountable for safe and efficient execution of all well site operations.
• Position is responsible to direct day to day well site operations on land based operations.
• Key job responsibilities are working in a team environment to ensure the safety of all personnel on location and compliance with all applicable environmental regulations.
• Managing activities of drilling contractor personnel and 3rd party contractors, managing logistics for personnel and equipment to and from location.
• Providing accurate daily reports to the Drilling Superintendent and data entry into Well view, maintaining accurate cost control. Strong communication skills are imperative.
• Position requires employee to work a 14/14 work schedule at various field locations.
• Must be able to successfully pass IADC Well Control training to achieve certification for well control.
• Additional technical training will be provided as required through company’s internal training program.
• Diverse drilling experience including horizontal drilling execution.
• Provides direction to Business Partners on all aspects of drilling operations on a daily basis.
• Must have 10+ years of industry experience
• Must have 7+ years of drill site management experience
• Well Control Certification
• High School Diploma/GED is required
• Strong DSM experience in the oil and gas field
• Good organizational and analytical skills.
• Holds self & others accountable for performance.
• Nurtures professional growth of other DSMs. Strong mentor to other DSMs.
• Strong communicator to both Client and Business partners.
• Strong emphasis on safety of personnel.
• Demonstrated capacity to lead and supervise diverse rig teams to achieve Incident Free operations
• Works well with others in a multi-functional team environment.
• Sets clear expectations and provides feedback to employees and Contractor personnel.
• Supports the training process and training programs.
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.