Piping Construction Engineer
Piping Construction Engineer
Baku in Azerbaijan
Until 30th April 2022
This role is for the Azeri Central East (ACE) project. The Project will build a new Integrated Production, Drilling, Utilities and Quarters Offshore platform to be installed in the Caspian Sea, Azerbaijan. The project is currently in Define phase and is planned to enter Execute in 1Q19.
The role will be located at the selected fabrication facility in Baku (Azerbaijan), and will report to the ACE Lead Piping Construction Engineer, who in turn reports to the ACE Topsides Construction Lead.
The ACE Piping Construction Engineer will be responsible for delivery of piping construction/installation across the ACE Topsides, with specific emphasis as follows;
- Demonstrate excellent personal HSSE leadership and HSE behaviours. Lead, by example, with regards to company’s HSE policy.
- Fulfil the role of ACE focal-point for piping construction/installation delivery, across designated areas of the platform-build.
- Actively participate in construction-related decisions; collaborate with ACE Lead Piping Construction Engineer to provide a discipline perspective to schedules, design deliverables, materials purchases, degree of shop fabrication, material delivery configuration and sequence, as well as development of any required subcontracts.
- Interface with Design and Fabrication Contractors to ensure piping constructability input is being actively considered and implemented.
- Develop and maintain all required project documentation for ACE Build-It-Tight and Build-It-Clean programs, including all associated construction preservation procedures and piping installation assurance document.
- Provide all necessary piping technical input to ACE Construction Execution Plan, Mechanical Completion Plan, Construction Work Package Plan (CWPP) and Construction Site Surveillance Plan.
- Support the development and implementation of project modernisation and transformation solutions across the project construction discipline.
- During the Execute phase, provide oversight of all piping construction activities, from start through final acceptance including Mechanical Completion Handover processes.
- Anticipate and identify adverse trends/events throughout the piping fabrication and construction cycle and work with the relevant parties to avoid them or achieve timely resolution.
- Review Hydrotest packs and attend line walks to insure all requirements within test packs including weld log has been met test criteria.
- Participate in piping system completion try-party walk downs and generate punch list
Educated to Degree Level
Essential Experience and job requirements
- A high-level of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Significant experience (5+ years) of leading piping construction, including knowledge of associated codes and practices.
- Experience of effectively interfacing and working together with Design / Construction Contractors and Operations entities.
- Experience with HSSE issues related to on-site construction activities.
- Deep understanding of BP Construction Defined Practice and the latest international standards that assure integrity of build and construction quality.
- Previous experience in similar role would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of the Azeri and/or Russian languages would be a distinct advantage.
Please send your CV to Gwenael: firstname.lastname@example.org
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.