Engineering Specialist – Automation Control Systems
Major international operator is seeking an Automation Control Systems Engineer for a long term contract based in Downtown Houston.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate preparation of the project control system scope for FEED phase
- Present or participate in presenting the project control system scope proposal to client company proponents and other interested organizations at technical meetings; Follow resolution of problems, secures project proposal approvals
- Lead preparation of information required related to instrument and control systems scope to permit award of design and project management contractors (FEED and EPC phase)
- Ensure that designs meet standards and specifications and that lateral designs or changes are economical, operable and meet safety, maintenance and schedule requirements
- Ensure that project records including drawings, specifications, logs, financial reports and correspondence dates are maintained
- Review all engineering documents related to control system and instrumentation during the FEED and EPC.
- Review Major Automation Contract MAC design documents and coordinate with EPC contractor
- Review and witness DCS & ESD acceptance test.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or closely related technical field of study required; B.S in Electrical or Systems Engineering preferred
- Ten years’ experience in varied engineering work with emphases on initial engineering stages
- Ten years’ experience in designing DCS, ESD, PLC, etc.
- Ten years’ experience in designing the field instrumentation including valve sizing, flow element sizing, instrument installation requirements,
- Experience with large engineering, procurement and construction projects highly desirable
- Experience in developing instrument standards with knowledge of Process Industry Practice (PIP), ANSI, ISA, NEMA, OSHA, FM, NEC, NFPA, … etc
- Encountered design, project execution, procurement, construction, operations troubleshooting of Control System equipment
- Must be able to communicate and comprehend accurately, clearly and concisely in English at a level required to perform the job as outlined
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.