Engineering Specialist – Piping
Engineering Specialist – Piping
Location: Houston, TX (Downtown)
Duration: 12 months (renewable)
- To administer, develop and review Piping Engineering Standards.
- To participate in Project Technical assurance audits and value engineering sessions.
- To provide consultancy services in piping engineering to Projects.
- To provide support to project in preparing Invitation to Bid (ITB), ITB Quality Check, bid reviews and Technical clarification meeting with bidders.
- To provide Engineering support to project of Piping Engineering Deliverables
- To evaluate the Waivers and Clarifications of projects
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare / review piping, equipment arrangement and process piping designs including layout, thermal expansion calculation for project
- Responsible of all Piping basic & detailed design, engineering issues for project
- Coordinate piping design with contractor and vendor’s
- Hands on experience on Piping Stress Analysis (static and dynamic) using CAESAR-II
- Giving support to Project by preparing Invitation to bid, review of bids / Basic Engineering / Detailed Engineering documents.
- Develop / review plot plans, piping layouts, isometrics, piping supports, piping material specifications and Bills of materials.
- Trouble shooting and resolution of piping design problems is an added advantage
- Plans, schedules and provides work direction when required for preparation of studies, designs, processes, reports, correspondence and related data and assures the efficiency, adequacy and conformance to overall objectives of all phases of complex engineering problems
- Conduct technical review of engineering consultant work and ensure compliance with project requirement, specification, international standards and engineering norms
- Undertakes studies and investigations to resolve problems related to piping engineering
- Review 3D Model
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Specialized in Piping Design & Engineering for major petro-chemical/refinery projects.
- Fifteen (15) years or plus experience in petrochemical, oil, gas, refinery or engineering companies with minimum 5 years in engineering design office
- Experience in development of technical specifications for Piping design & engineering.
- Knowledgeable on international codes, standards, industrial practices and regulations relevant international codes, standards such as ASME B31.1, B31.3, B31.4, B31.8 and Industrial practices such as PIP and familiarity with regulations
- Previous client project experience preferred
- Experience in the development and review of Plot plan/Plant layout, Equipment layout/unit plot plan, Piping General Arrangement Drawings, Piping material specifications.
- Experience in 3D Modle Review.
- Experience in pre-tender stage design and quantity estimation for piping systems.
- Experience in preparation of Request for quotations (RFQs), Material requisitions, evaluation of Technical offers against project specifications.
- Must be able to communicate and comprehend accurately, clearly and concisely in English at a level required to perform the job as outlined
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.