VP - Operations Engineering
VP – Operations Management
Houston - TX
Our client is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, our modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking a senior leader to join us as a Vice President, Operations Engineering. This person will be responsible for the day-to-day engineering support of multiple plants. This position will be in Houston, TX.
- Responsible for directing all engineering activities related to multiple plant facilities (gas turbines, boilers, compressors, instrumentation, pumps, piping, process control, process technology, process integrity management etc.)
- Responsible for directing the technical, design and engineering support for the plants, including authorizing all enhancements to the plant's equipment and facilities
- Review and approve design and future maintenance for engineering and construction project proposals in order to achieve or exceed levels of production, improve maintenance and process troubleshooting, decrease production interruptions and improve overall productivity
- Direct the activities and approve all actions to maintain and enhance the plants' equipment and facilities including engineering techniques to affect improvements in equipment reliability and corrosion control
- Assure, through subordinate positions, that maintenance planning, scheduling, long-term maintenance certification and inspection activities including condition monitoring and major overhauls are enacted at the right priority
- Co-ordinates with internal and external engineering in all operational projects and new developments, from conception to completion in line with budgets and on time scheduling
- Assure, through subordinate positions, that budgets and schedules to meet financial targets are abided
- Assure, through subordinate positions, that the plant's predictive maintenance program for equipment is maintained and kept up to date
- Establish and maintain a Project Management System for small and mid-sized projects executed at the plant level
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Ten or more years of combined maintenance and plant engineering experience in LNG terminal and/or petrochemical/gas including a minimum of three years maintenance and engineering supervisory experience
- Experience in LNG liquefaction facilities highly preferred
- Implementation or supervision of a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Broad knowledge of budgeting, planning, scheduling
- High level of HSE knowledge
- Sound knowledge of mechanical engineering processes
- Ability to effectively lead, delegate and motivate
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.
We have recently issued an updated Privacy Statement.
It’s important that you review and agree to the terms of the policy before applying to jobs.