HSE Specialist/WSER III
• Provide safety leadership to management and employees to include OSHA standards and compliance strategies, DOT Compliance Requirements and Client's policies and standards.
• Performs tasks in a wide range of environmental, health and safety disciplines to achieve compliance with the organization's EH&S standards and with federal and state regulatory requirements.
• Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of programs, systems and procedures necessary to ensure the overall safety and health of employees and the community.
• Assists in monitoring and preventing chemical, physical and biological hazards and diseases that could be present in the work area.
• Works with others to investigate accidents, injuries, and complaints concerning hazards or uncomfortable conditions in the work place.
• Participates in recommending improvements in processes, design, procedures, and operating equipment, to minimize the hazardous potential.
• Ensures HSE excellence through training, involvement in behavior based programs, auditing of management and safety systems, rig inspections, gathering and trending leading and trailing indicators, and participation in the incident investigation & reporting processes.
• Be a functional expert in most health, safety, and environmental disciplines.
• Provides guidance, regulatory interpretation, and assists with procedure development for a variety of HSE issues.
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Experienced level, typically 5-7 years of experience.
• Requires a strong understanding of discipline.
• Able to apply knowledge and experience to complex problems and develop recommendations.
• Makes decisions within broad parameters.
- Acts as an informal resource for others with less experience.
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.
We have recently issued an updated Privacy Statement.
It’s important that you review and agree to the terms of the policy before applying to jobs.