Senior Planner Engineer (P 6)
August - September
Paris area (France) 92
The Senior Planner shall be part of the Planning department resource pool.
The role is responsible for implementing, maintaining and follow-up of all planning activities within a project/ tender including interface with other Project Controls roles.
SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Support tender activity when applicable, prepare all deliverables in accordance with Client, Subsea7 and GPC planning procedures and review ITT for qualifications; be pro-active and propose plan and solution to tender team.
- Prepare schedule basis document for client and internal use when working on project or tender; provide clarity on assumptions, critical paths, float, risks and opportunity.
- Understand projects/ tenders needs; identify and address planning scenarios and problems; develop and implement solutions.
- Be forecast oriented, anticipating and alerting at early stage issues & impacts
- Establish, maintain and follow up plans/networks and progress for new and established projects in accordance with Client, Subsea7 and GPC Planning procedures.
- Development and maintenance of the Baseline schedule for Client's approval including agreed S-curves and reporting formats
- Development of project specific procedures including Work Breakdown Structure and progress measurement methods in accordance with Client's requirements.
- Organise flow of planning and progress information with internal and external sources, including establishing reporting routines for sub-contractors and follow up of progress.
- Prepare reports as requested; progress, critical paths, float management, deviations, forecast
- Implementation of sub-contractors plans into main schedule/plan
- Assure that schedule impact of changes related to the scope of the contract get analyzed in due time and implemented into relevant plans and be pro-active in early identification of deviations and corrective actions
- Participate, assuring good communication and follow up of internal and external activities in the project. Reporting consequences/changes related to planned progress according to agreed reporting frequency.
- Prepare schedules as requested and by anticipation, proposing scenarios; detailed schedules, what-if simulations/ scenarios.
- Prepare smart presentation for the Project/ Tender team to discuss, summarize and validate the planning assumptions and basis.
- Keep record of main changes made to schedules through various revisions on tender/ project.
- Record and back-up all as-built and Lesson learned, official and working document to ensure benchmark and handover.
- Actively work together with other Project Controls disciplines to ensure quality in deliverables.
- Provide specialist skills, integrity and knowledge of key areas of planning, sharing with other collaborators and contribute to foster planning awareness
- Actively contribute to the discipline development and performance improvement
- Work in accordance with Subsea7 and GPC process
- Professional qualifications – Education equivalent to degree in engineering and administrative discipline
- Software: Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project
- Previous project experience.
- Relevant previous experience at an appropriate level in planning (> 4 years recommended)
- Good level of English
- Advanced knowledge in key areas of planning techniques and analysis
- A good understanding of current Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication, and Offshore Installation processes in the Oil and Gas Sector
- Pro-active and open in communication with all interfacing parties
- Autonomous & team player
- Independently evaluate, organise and prioritise work for self and others
- Understanding of the Offshore Oil and Gas industry is a plus
Please send your application to Prune: firstname.lastname@example.org
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.
We have recently issued an updated Privacy Statement.
It’s important that you review and agree to the terms of the policy before applying to jobs.