Our client, an international Exploration and Production Operator, is currently seeking a Materials Coordinator to join their Prudhoe Bay team in Alaska. This has an immediate opening with competitive pay and benefits package, with a matching 401K.
Performs lead role in material coordinating, acquiring PO approvals, acquiring Call-Offs for all PO’s, all aspects of purchasing materials, scheduling freight methods, work with contract vendors, expediting of delinquent hi-priority materials, assist work objectives of other Material Coordinators, work with Warehouse Coordinator as needed and manage PO documentation. Performs some Hazmat shipping functions.
- Must understand the prioritization of safety, quality, and production, and be willing to work accordingly.
- Experienced and skilled in the use of Excel to assist customers in locating materials in the warehousing system or on the computer database, and to record data for retrieval.
- The position requires an excellent grasp of their immediate job function, as well as the ability to cross-train in other areas.
- Candidate will be required to operate light and medium weight trucks and forklifts to move material, pick up and transport materials in the field, and move materials by hand onto shelves, pallets, etc.
- Possess the administrative and organizational skills to develop and process large amounts of purchasing documentation.
- Must be able to interface with a wide variety of individuals in a positive, constructive and professional manner that does not create opposition and hostility.
Leading Self, Leading People and Leading the Organization. In addition to our core competency model, our framework includes competencies specific to the various levels of positions within our company.
- Uses time effectively and efficiently, concentrating his/her efforts on the top ranked priorities.
- Is cool under pressure and can handle stress. Can be counted on to hold things together during challenging times. Is not knocked off-balance by the unexpected.
- Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve himself/herself and understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches.
- Learns quickly when faced with new problems and changes. Experiments to find solutions and enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks. Adapts to changes willingly.
- Has the functional/technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Five years experience and/or training; general knowledge of materials purchasing and standard warehousing principles and practices, familiarity with oilfield production equipment, its maintenance and standard parts.
A valid Driver’s License and NSTC. Validation of forklift training is preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively one-on-one as well as before groups of employees or customers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to adjust to problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms; and to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance. The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is at an office type workstation, within a warehouse setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will occasionally be exposed to outside extreme Arctic weather conditions and will be required to travel in commercial aircraft.
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.
We have recently issued an updated Privacy Statement.
It’s important that you review and agree to the terms of the policy before applying to jobs.