Buyer/Purchasing Specialist I
Competentia seeks a Buyer for a position in Houston, TX supporting a major oil & gas operator.
Facilitates the acquisition of materials for an assigned group of categories and suppliers using a standardized procurement process that meets business needs while adhering to Corporate standards and mitigating financial and liability risks, including, but not limited to:
• Creating purchase orders in SAP and administering the lifecycle of a purchase order from requisition receipt to supplier payment.
• Selecting an appropriate source of supply.
• Evaluating vendor quotes to determine most cost effective solution.
• Utilizing system tools and capabilities to expedite material deliveries.
• Verify invoice accuracy and facilitate timely resolution of discrepancies.
• Effectively communicating with suppliers and client groups.
• Compliance with client policy and industry regulations.
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience
• Entry level, typically 0-3 years of experience.
• Requires basic knowledge of discipline.
• Uses established procedures to solve standard, straight-forward problems.
• Has the ability to perform routine assignments based on detailed instructions/past practices.
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.
We have recently issued an updated Privacy Statement.
It’s important that you review and agree to the terms of the policy before applying to jobs.