Lead Drilling Construction E&I Engineer
FOR NATIONAL SUBMISSIONS
The ACE Lead E&I Construction Engineer (Drill Rig) will be responsible for the overall delivery of electrical and instrumentation construction across the Drill Rig, with specific emphasis as follows:
- Demonstrate excellent personal HSSE leadership and HSE behaviours. Lead, by example, with regards to company’s HSE policy.
- Perform the role of BP focal-point for E&I construction delivery, providing ongoing technical oversight and input to fabricator, from start through final acceptance including Mechanical Completion Handover processes.
- Provide technical assurance and oversight of E&I fabrication activities, including testing, ensuring compliance all required E&I codes and standards.
- Ensure all required processes for E&I discipline preservation procedures, are fully implemented by Fabricator.
- Interface with Design and Fabrication Contractors to ensure E&I constructability input is being actively considered and implemented.
- Provide an E&I discipline perspective to construction schedules, design deliverables, materials purchases, material delivery configuration and sequence, as well as development of any required subcontracts.
- Anticipate and identify adverse trends/events throughout the fabrication and construction cycle and work with the relevant parties to avoid them or achieve timely resolution.
Essential Education: Educated to Degree Level
Essential Experience & Job Requirements:
- A high-level of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience of leading E&I installation, including deep knowledge of associated codes and practices.
- Extensive experience of effectively interfacing and working together with Design / Construction Contractors and Operations entities.
- Experience in identification and resolution of HSSE issues related to on-site construction activities.
- Deep understanding of BP Construction Defined Practice and the latest international standards that assure integrity of build and construction quality.
- Previous experience in similar role is highly desired.
- Knowledge of the Azeri or Russian languages would be a distinct advantage.
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.
We have recently issued an updated Privacy Statement.
It’s important that you review and agree to the terms of the policy before applying to jobs.