Director of Regulatory Compliance
Our Client is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies.
We are seeking qualified applicants for the position of Director of Regulatory Compliance.
The Director, Regulatory Compliance reports to the Vice President, HSSE and is responsible for FERC orders, gas transmission line routing and LEDQ permitting focused in Louisiana. This strategic opportunity is for a proven Leader with primary responsibilities for the scoping, execution and management of permitting and regulatory compliance associated with the construction, and operation of natural gas transmission, and LNG processing facilities. These projects are often fast-paced, multi-faceted, and geographically diverse. This position will oversee the Regulatory Compliance at multiple sites in Louisiana.
- This role will involve the input and management of numerous environmental regulatory reviews and preparation of local, state and federal permit applications, resource analysis, corridor identification, route refinement, agency consultation, and public outreach.
- This candidate will have demonstrated success in leading projects and working within a group and independently to execute projects and help grow the energy sector.
- Candidates will have experience and knowledge of the FERC processes. In addition, experience with environmental processes, including NEPA, Siting Boards, BLM, USFWS, USACOE, required, as well as experience with federal, state and local regulators is required.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to lead the permitting of complex linear and other energy projects, have strong critical thinking capabilities, and flexible approach to problem solving, excellent interpersonal communication (oral and written), planning, and organizational skills; and attention to detail.
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality and professionalism are critical skills. The ability to handle multiple tasks, coordinate effectively with others, and work independently within a team are key to the success of this opportunity.
- Candidate will track all permits and regulatory conditions to ensure timely reporting and compliance.
- Ability to see big picture, understanding of company goals and ability to provide leadership for the successful implementation of same goals.
- Education and Certifications: BS or MS in a related field (i.e., engineering, biology, planning, environmental studies, or a closely related discipline).
- Experience: 15+ years of professional experience. This experience may include natural gas transmission siting and permitting experience, and regulatory experience with the FERC permitting process including National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), with prior project management of energy infrastructure and facility permitting projects.
- Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing status.
- Serves as subject matter expert and demonstrates detailed knowledge and understanding of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission’s (FERC) rules, regulations, and policies impacting the natural gas industry, interstate pipeline rate case proceedings, and compliance requirements.
- Demonstrates detailed knowledge and understanding of Department of Energy (DOE) regulations, rules, and procedures for importing and exporting natural gas.
- Supports site activities including reviewing reports and submitting reports.
- Manages and develops regulatory compliance strategies and training.
- Develops comments in response to proposed rule makings and other regulatory proceedings.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, EPA, DOT, FERC and PHMSA rules and regulations.
- An acute sensitivity to safety issues in a hazardous environment.
- Effective communicator at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries and governmental agencies.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects.
- Proficient in technical writing, presentations, development of training materials and manuals.
- Excellent leadership skills with experience in directing activities of remote staff.
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.
We have recently issued an updated Privacy Statement.
It’s important that you review and agree to the terms of the policy before applying to jobs.