Our client is a leader in the delivery of natural gas fuel. They are a private organization and currently experiencing record growth in Canada and the U.S.
The Construction Superintendent supports the Engineering department and activities for the Company. You will provide technical support, supply chain management, and onsite supervision during construction of new facilities or upgrades of existing. The ideal candidate should have a mechanical background with strong electrical, instrumentation, and controls experience. The position reports to the Engineering Supervisor - Facilities and is based in the Houston corporate office, but will require extensive travel to current and future field locations in both the USA and Canada.
Responsibilities for the Construction Superintendent include but are not limited to:
- Safety Champion: Help promote a proactive and positive safety culture.
- Facilities Construction & Upgrades: Support Project Engineers in the construction of new or upgraded Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) and/or other natural gas facilities around the USA and Canada with varying degrees of ownership. Emphasis will be on field supervision during construction
- Onsite evaluations of potential future facility sites
- Find, evaluate, hire, and manage service contractors.
- Procure Owner-supplied materials
- Provide onsite supervision of contractors and construction progress
- Act as liaison between contractors and Project Engineer
- Maintain project schedules and on-going budgets
- Commission facility
- Manage all QA/QC documentation
- Research regulatory and permitting requirements. Obtain permits and approvals as required
- Continuously improve to push the facilities work into a world class program that consistently completes projects that are high quality, on time, and under budget.
- Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls support and expertise: Strong Electrical & Instrumentation background
- Review electrical drawings (One-lines, site electrical drawings, area classification, layouts, wiring diagrams, cable schedules, panel schedules, control schematics, etc.)
- Work with Electrical Utilities to provide services to sites
- Troubleshoot Electrical equipment and PLC issues
- Ensure designs are to Regulatory and Code requirements
- Operational Support: Support Operations with facility related issues that arise
- Trouble shoot equipment issues as needed. Visit facilities and/or customer sites as required.
- Procure critical spares as needed.
- Write Safe Working Procedures, equipment manuals, training materials, and any other documentation relevant to mitigating safety risks or improving company operations.
- Train new and veteran field staff on the existing and revised procedures as we mature processes within the company.
- 4-10 years’ experience constructing natural gas or related pipeline facilities
- Formal education/certification on piping and electrical an asset
- Working knowledge of ASME B31.3
- Experience with civil, piping, electrical, and control systems
- Demonstrated leadership of projects and contractors
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- A self starter with relentless habits in line with the companies core values.
- The position will involve extensive travel availability to field locations (up to 75%)
Our client offers a competitive compensation package and the ability to join a successful and fast growth organization within the industrial fuel supply and oil & gas sector.
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.
We have recently issued an updated Privacy Statement.
It’s important that you review and agree to the terms of the policy before applying to jobs.