Duration: 12+ months renewable
Location: Beaumont, TX
Company: oil & gas company
Our Client is looking for a Safety Technician that will be supporting our Client’s Terminal and Pipeline Facilities. The selected individual will be responsible for safety assurance, implementing safety expectations, monitoring employees work habits, recommending safety improvements, and assuring regulatory compliance
- Responsible for safety inspections, audits and surveys in field and office settings
- Conduct routine field checks of employee and contractor safety and actions, including feedback, audits of safety programs
- Safety management system Internal and External Assessment participant
- Responsible for the completion of external safety related reports (ex. OSHA 300)
- Provide safety and health input during shift Operation and Maintenance Meetings
- Responsible for communicating and immediately reporting leading and lagging indicators to supervisor
- Ensures leading and lagging indicator reports are completed and closed out in a timely manner
- Responsible for leading and lagging indicator tracking log and indicator investigation
- Assist in incident investigations as necessary
- Coordinate monthly safety meetings at multiple locations and lead as necessary
- Recommend and/or create safety policies and procedure
- Complete monthly safety related work orders in a timely manner
- Complete safety inspections as required by regulation and GP procedures (ie. annual ladder inspections, fall protection inspections, etc)
- Technical Degree in industrial health and safety a plus
- Safety certifications a plus (eg. TEEX CSHO)
- 5 - 8 years of safety experience with a general knowledge of federal and Texas HSE regulations and industry standards and best practices
- Experience conducting safety inspections, audits and surveys
- Experience with terminal and pipeline safety and regulatory compliance
- Ability to identify and mitigate safety issues in hazardous environments
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.
We have recently issued an updated Privacy Statement.
It’s important that you review and agree to the terms of the policy before applying to jobs.