Provides engineering and operational support to subsea (SS) and associated campaign applications; liaison between Drilling/Completions and Facilities functions; experienced with current deep water subsea engineering techniques and operational practices.
- Detailed technical understanding of subsea equipment installation and operation.
- Strong understanding of heavy lifting and pressure testing operations.
- Technical expertise in subsea equipment and practices:
- Selection and equipment sizing for deep water service.
- Engineering technical review of subsea equipment.
- Equipment interfaces between Drilling, Completions, and Facilities functions.
- Design of ROV interfaces to subsea equipment (COP, LMRP, SS trees).
- Rig-based and diver-based subsea equipment installation.
- Design and installation of subsea control equipment, umbilical, jumpers, and flying leads, PLET, etc.
Qualifications and Training*:
- Manufacture, testing and installation training of subsea equipment and systems.
- Advanced subsea technical courses.
- *Training to cover role-specific training courses.
- 7+ years of experience with a major subsea equipment supplier, or 7+ years of subsea experience on several different well types.
- Recent subsea engineering and operations experience.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Ensure well material and service providers comply with specified quality assurance requirements.
- Assist subsea engineers in carrying out their HSE responsibilities.
- Assist subsea engineer in conducting well hazard assessments and provide technical input into any operations hazard assessments and/or HAZOP.
- Lead JRA involving subsea-specific equipment handling or installation.
- Prepare subsea programs including the subsea completion program, job program, and contingency plans.
- Equipment specification and selection of subsea and associated equipment to meet Drilling and Completions Standards.
- Responsible for System Integration Testing of subsea production trees, subsea test trees and related equipment.
- Provide technical subsea engineering support to operations.
- Supervise offshore installation of subsea production and associated equipment for rig-based or diver-based applications.
- Identify and implement performance improvements for subsea initiatives and monitor effectiveness.
- Responsible for all well documentation related to subsea equipment and operations.
- Monitor and measure performance of subsea equipment and associated systems
- Liaise with subsea subcontractors, authorities, partners, and relevant stakeholders.
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.
We have recently issued an updated Privacy Statement.
It’s important that you review and agree to the terms of the policy before applying to jobs.