OOW Navigational Watch DP
For an Oil&Gas company, we are looking for an OOW Navigational Watch DP for working on rotational schedule on Offshore vessels.
OOW Navigational Watch DP
Onboard of Various Offshore Vessels
Until 30/06/2020 (renewable)
35 days ON / 35 days OFF
12 hours a day / 7 days per week
- Responsible for the safe navigation and marine operations and, where required, for DP operations
- Maintain routine documentation as required by the Company
- Execute supporting marine and administrative activities
- Whenever required, act as BS (barge supervisor) or BCO (ballast control operator) as defined in IMO resolution A. 1079
- Report to Chief Mate DP keep watching the Bridge and direct the deck personnel, ensuring that operate with discipline and efficiency according to Company requirements, State, Class, Flag, ISM, ISPS, MLC2006, SOLAS, MARPOL and client requirements
- Carry out watch duty during navigation, manoeuvring and operative phases; monitor the correct operation of DP system as per Company procedure
- Assist Ch.Mate DP for carrying out stability and lifting calculations prior to allowing any ballasting, considering if trim, stability and stress of the vessel are within the maximum limit allowed, in accordance with international Rules/Conventions; coordinate movements of cranes and ballasting of the vessel
- Maintain file cabinets and documentation for navigation such as navigational charts, nautical publications, ship documentation and DP check lists
- Liaise with the Ch. Mate DP with regards to the operations of loading and co-ordination of support vessels
- Operate the ballast control systems as directed by the Ch.Mate DP or acting independently if responsible of his watch
- Report to the Master DP or Ch.Mate DP unsafe acts/conditions and other issues with implications for safe operation, marine environment and navigability in compliance with HSES procedures
- Liaise with Ch.Mate for maintain cargo gear certifications and lifting equipment
- Apply and follow the on board training and drill programme in due time as directed by Company, SOLAS and Master's instructions
- Support the Ch.Mate DP with reference to Marine related QMS Tasks based on received instructions
- Support the Ch.Mate for Lifting/Rigging Certification System management and updating based on applicable certification scheme
- Support the Ch.Mate DP for Class Inspector during Annual Certification Activity
- Support Ch.Mate DP for Pad Eyes Certification/Mapping/Traceability requirements on board the vessel.
- Check all navigation equipments and instruments as necessary
- Maintain firefighting and life-savingequipment as directed
- Operate inspection, check the GMDSS equipment and ensure that mandatory provisions related to its operation (as laid down in the radio regulations) are adhered
- Perform duties on the heliport and landing operations of the helicopters, as per official training matrix
- Operate the DP systems in line with DP manual
- Perform functions as identified in the vessels emergency preparedness manual
- Ensure the Master DP is informed immediately of any condition or incident that arises as per standing instruction
- Ensure that no major action will be undertaken or executed without informing the Master DP
- Report to the Ch.Mate DP or Master DP any hazardous situation that goes beyond his intervention
- Report to Master, ensure compliance with the radio watchkeeping requirements of SOLAS and GMDSS regulations
- Maintain a continuous watch on the dedicated distress, urgency and safety communications , receive weather forecast bulletins and meteorological warnings and other Maritime Safety Information, inform the Master as soon as a distress, urgency or safety communication is received.
- STCW required certificates, National CoC Reg. II/1 ans endorsement
- Completion of all training and certifications as described in Training Matrix
- DP Training as per Company Procedure
- MOU stability course (where applicable)
- For Expert seniority activities as three (3) years' experience on off-shore , unless a defined rank of Ch. Mate DP had been previously covered on board merchant marine vessels
- For Junior seniority activities as two (2) year experience on off-shore Deck Cadet
- Experience with Dynamic Positioning as per DP company Procedure
- Note: For Italian Seafarers the correspondent designation is "Secondo Ufficiale di Coperta" for Seniority Expert and "Terzo Ufficiale di Coperta" for Seniority Junior
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.
We have recently issued an updated Privacy Statement.
It’s important that you review and agree to the terms of the policy before applying to jobs.