For an EPC company, we are looking for a Buyer Transport (temporary staff position) for working on an LNG project.
Milan, Italy for 32 months then possible relocation in Nigeria (not mandatory)
Direct staff position
Working within a Procurement Department, the Buyer Transport & Logistics will be responsible for supplier relationship development and will work closely with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with the Procurement Department to implement medium to long term purchasing strategy
- Deliver departmental goals ensuring they remain in line with overall business strategy
- Provide guidance and support for other members of the team
- Identify and evaluate viability of potential suppliers of new and existing products
- Build strong relationships with new and existing suppliers
- Identify and implement cost savings
- Seek to improve creditor days wherever possible
- Actively seek to develop new products
- Monitor existing supplier performance
- Ensure product quality requirements are maintained
- Ensure company trading terms and relevant additional contract/commercial obligations are met
- Monitor and adjust inventory levels in line with budget and to meet minimum customer service requirements.
- Produce monthly buying schedules
- Facilitate the introduction of new products from concept to delivery.
- Responsibility for upkeep and accuracy of computer information on relevant products
- Approving supplier invoices for payments
- Produce daily, weekly, monthly reports where required
Knowledge of SAP system
Experience in Transport & Logistics suppliers management
Able to work with autonomy when setting up the procurement activities (Vendor list preparation, selection, negotiations etc)
Be able to find the suppliers and negotiate with them.
Experienced in Greenfield project phase.
An experience in Oil/Gas company is a must
Please send your application to Gwenael: email@example.com
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.
We have recently issued an updated Privacy Statement.
It’s important that you review and agree to the terms of the policy before applying to jobs.