Administrative Assistant II
Administrative Assistant II
Duration: 12 months
Location: Houston, TX (Downtown)
Provide skilled administrative and analytical assistance, as well as skilled secretarial services, at the Department Head or equivalent level.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform skilled and confidential administrative functions requiring a strong working knowledge of company policies, financial and budgeting practices, corporate information systems, and departmental procedures
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reports as requested by the Department Manager that require the selection, accumulation, and compilation of data, records and other information from multiple sources; review a wide variety of reports for accuracy and proper format; assure corrections are implemented
- Use SAP to input or retrieve data for regular reporting or for specific Management requests; maintain a strong working knowledge of SAP Financial, Contracting, or other modules
- Develop and maintain hard copy and electronic filing systems, in accordance with company retention policies, to organize data and records and assure accurate, timely retrieval
- Relieve the Department Manager and other professional personnel of administrative duties and maintain status of various divisional projects, special assignment and overall objectives
- Provide secretarial and other support services, including timekeeping, scheduling meetings, maintaining appoint calendars, and answering phones, as directed
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; business school or post-high school education preferred; CPS designation ideal, but not required
- Five (5) years of progressively more responsible experience in administrative assistant or high-level secretarial functions
- Proficient in all MS Office applications
- Must have excellent word processing skills
- Must possess tact, discretion and good judgement
- Must possess good work habits, a strong work ethic, and be able to adhere to company work hours, policies, and standard business etiquette
- Must be able to communicate and comprehend accurately, clearly and concisely in English at a level required to perform the job as outlined
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.
We have recently issued an updated Privacy Statement.
It’s important that you review and agree to the terms of the policy before applying to jobs.