Duration: 12 months
Location: Houston, TX
Company: oil & gas company
• Will be involved in Project in which their will be collaboration with local business users to understand business processes, gather technical requirements, evaluate proof of concepts, design, develop and support analytical solutions using Spotfire, SQL, Python, R, JS,HTML etc.
• Partner with architecture teams to ensure end-user reporting needs are met by the existing data warehouse platform.
• Research, recommend, develop, train functional groups on reporting data discovery, data science solutions
• Responsible for developing and implementing the data models for assigned reports, dashboards and business intelligence applications including, but not limited to gathering necessary data requirements, understanding presentation layer needs and developing the semantic layer, analytic views, virtualization layers, logical data models, working with the application DBA’s to implement better physical data models and working with developers on solving challenging and difficult data and data performance issues.
• Demonstrates creative thinking to resolve problems.
• Provides hands-on technical knowledge & leadership working with database developers, DBAs, architects, data quality analysts, and other teams as well as manages relationships within context of the individual role.
• Senior level, typically 7+ years of experience.
• Data Warehousing and complex SQL skills is required
• Oil and Gas experience preferred
• Teradata and PowerBI is a strong plus
• Ideal candidate will have at least the top 2 skills of strong TIBCO Spotfire, SQL experience (at least 4+ years of each).
• End to end implementation experience in building analytical solutions using data visualization tools like Spotfire, Power BI, Python, R etc.
• Understands advanced aspects of discipline and is viewed as an expert in a given field.
• Applies broad range of competencies to develop solutions to complex problems.
• Influences others to achieve objectives.
• Often provides specialized/technical/functional guidance to others within department and/or business asset.
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.
We have recently issued an updated Privacy Statement.
It’s important that you review and agree to the terms of the policy before applying to jobs.