Technical Services Engineer
The Technical Services Engineer supports the engineering activities for the company and is primarily focused on providing technical support to the Operations and Sales teams for applications engineering. This position reports to the VP of Engineering and will require various travel to field locations. This person will have the ability to make a significant impact in the expansion strategy of this growing organization.
Responsibilities for the Technical Services Engineer include but are not limited to:
1. Safety Champion: Help promote a proactive and positive safety culture within Certarus.
2. Operational Support
• Provide technical assistance to field and visit customer sites as needed, either remote or in person.
• Provide feedback from the field to other Engineers to continuously improve the facilities and products.
• Procure critical parts as needed to support ongoing contracts.
• Lead various technical projects as required.
• Consistently audit equipment parameters in SCADA.
• Act as technical liaison to vendors.
• Research regulatory requirements and execute changes to achieve compliance.
• Support ongoing development and execution of the company University training program.
• Write Safe Working Procedures, equipment manuals, training materials, and any other documentation relevant to mitigating safety risks or improving company operations.
3. Applications Support
• Provide technical expertise during customer office and/or field site visits.
• Perform potential site walk throughs
• Support projects where the company assists with customer conversions to natural gas.
• Support sales team in accurately defining project scope and costs.
• Represent Engineering during HAZOP meetings with customers.
• Complete detailed designs of major customer projects.
• Coordinate and manage construction of required onsite infrastructure.
4. Continuous Improvement: Build tools and processes to standardize or simplify day to day work and improve consistency.
1) Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Chemical engineering
2) 10+ years in a hands-on engineering role within an industrial business.
3) Experience with controls, piping systems, and compressed gases strongly preferred.
4) Ability to travel.
5) Excellent communication skills.
6) A self-starter with relentless habits in line with the company's core values.
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.
We have recently issued an updated Privacy Statement.
It’s important that you review and agree to the terms of the policy before applying to jobs.