Competentia seeks an Onshore Site Cost Engineer to support an LNG project in Mozambique:
Company is looking for a Ste based Cost Engineer to support the execution of the Project. This position would be based at Afungi, Mozambique, working on a 28/28 rotation and residing within the Afungi Project Camp. This position reports to the Site Cost Lead and is an integral part of the Onshore Project Controls team.
• Develop, implement and manage effective project cost control for the project. Including recording, controlling, forecasting and reporting of cost, change, progress, invoicing, authorizations of expenditure and cash flow projections.
• Preparation of weekly and monthly cost reports and other financial analysis for the project.
• Preparation of budgets in conjunction with construction and project team members.
• Promote the identification of potential areas of concern or improvement, to maximize cost effectiveness on projects and work practices.
• Provide ad-hoc cost control support / advice to project team members and project management.
• Liaise with project team members to clarify cost related issues, provide timely review of monthly invoices to ensure payment in accordance with contract terms and develop/analyze project costs.
• Support negotiation of contract exhibits for cost, milestone payments, progress payments, earned value measurement, change orders, and unit rates.
• Utilize Continuous Improvement processes to ensure consistent quality and fit-for-purpose outcomes.
• Input and analyze data in the cost control applications to ensure project data integrity.
• Safety – Responsible for personal safety safe working practices, etc. Understand and follow project HSE procedures.
• Supervise any supporting roles in the project cost control area as required
• Other tasks as required by Project Controls Lead.
• Ensures Company guidelines and process are implemented and followed within the project.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in engineering and construction within the oil and gas industry. Specific experience and expertise in the following is required:
• Solid technical skills, with thorough knowledge of project control principles and work methods including Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Earned Value Measurement (EVM), Critical Path Scheduling (CPS) and Schedule Risk Assessment (SRA).
• Experience supporting cost control of LNG and/or mega Deep-Water projects in Africa is preferred.
• Cost Management, from an owner team perspective.
• Knowledge of project management and project controls principles and concepts.
• Proficient hands on experience with project management tools, i.e., cost management (Omega), as well as having strong MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word capabilities.
• Working in a resource constrained environment.
• Strong problem solving and analytic capabilities.
• Effective communication skills - listening, verbal and written. Fluent oral and written knowledge of English is required
• Ability to pass Company physical, drug screen and background security check.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management or related field is preferred.
Travel between point of origin and Afungi site is provided by Company
1. Afungi Site, Mozambique. 28/28, 12 hr work day
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.
We have recently issued an updated Privacy Statement.
It’s important that you review and agree to the terms of the policy before applying to jobs.