- International tax planning strategy in coordination with the Corporate tax team in head office.
- • Negotiate and liaise with Tax Authorities and/or Government of Mozambique in obtaining new tax rulings for relevant tax matters in the more-complex unitization environment
- • Tax advisor for all the new project agreements (impact analysis, recommendations, source of proposals) and for the coming years work closely with the commercial team on the next agreements for future LNG trains
- • Monitor development and analyze changes in Mozambique’s tax codes and regulations
- • Manage Mozambique to Mozambique transfer pricing requirements.
- • Engage with Tax Authority to obtain agreement in matters subject to settlement
- • Control strategy for withholding tax due in connection with the ENH Funding Agreement (for Golfinho-Atum),
- • Supervise Mozambique Tax Authority’s tax audit process; resolution of resulting tax-controversy – in coordination with THE OPERATOR wider tax planning,
- • Manage and control the filing of timely and accurate corporate income tax returns for the OPERATOR Mozambique Area 1, and for Mozambique resident special purpose entities (MoFCo, TerminalCo etc.),
- • Plan, implement and oversee overall tax strategy
- • Oversee all processes for withholding tax
- • Oversee the various Mozambique VAT returns and engagement with the Mozambique Tax Authority to facilitate timely reimbursement of Mozambique VAT,
- • Oversea the timely payment of Mozambique stamp duty, through direct liaison with Borrower Special Purpose Entities, based on the draw-down of funds and accrual of interest,
- • Provide technical support on of customs duty and import VAT to the Logistics Teams, representing The OPERATOR EP Mozambique Area 1 on importation taxes disputes with the Mozambique Tax Authority,
- • Manage timing and amount of tax amortization to optimize cash tax outflows
- • Internal reporting, quarterly and at year-end, including local deferred tax calculations,
- • Support Maputo HR with payroll and benefits related tax questions.
- • Represent The Operator EP Mozambique Area 1 at AMOPI meetings (Associacao Mozambicana de Operadores Petroliferos Internacionais)
- • Managing the Tax team, consisting with 2 Personnel
- • Team Mentoring/Coaching
- • Ensure the team is in compliance with company policy and procedures
- Degree in Accounting, Auditing or Finance.
- • Minimum 15 years’ experience in Finance or Accounting, with experience in Mining or Oil and Gas industries.
- • Proven working experience as Tax Manager
- • Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- • Direct and supervise
- • High attention to detail and accuracy
- • Strong written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to communicate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including vendors.
- • Ability to interact effectively with managements and staff at all levels.
- • Ability to multi-task
- • Excellent Knowledge of generally accepted Accounting and Tax principles, GAAP, IFRS and PGC-NIRF.
- • Strong managerial, planning, organizational, decision-making, interpersonal, analytical, and lateral thinking skills.
- • Ability to work collaboratively as part of a multi-culture and multi-disciplinary team.
- • Ability to travel to the company’s locations in country and overseas on occasional basis.
- • Prior experience as tax manager
- • Fluent English mandatory, Portuguese will be highly appreciated