Project Manager II
Duration: 12 months
Location: Houston, TX
Company: oil and gas company
- Manage assessment and repair of Maintenance Program US GTM Projects; develop and implement AFE’s from the budget proposal stage through contract administration, construction management, and cost control and reporting
- Manage detailed design work by contract and/or consultant resources
- Perform day-to-day project activities; complete various documentation including permits, reports and utility crossings, ensure regulatory compliance, and review Company standards and procedures
- Develop execution plans for planned group digs and issues,
- At a gatekeeper to ensure that all requirements are met before proceeding to the next stage of the project.
- Conduct field visits a minimum of three times per quarter to complete Safety Observation Cards and Audit
- Communicate with Pipeline Integrity on status of upcoming digs, act as liaison between PI and Construction
- Review dig-packages issued by PI prior to field receipt
- Request field reviews of new sites to ROW, Environment, Construction, and Safety as appropriate
- Create Work Order (WO) and Work Release Contract (WRC) requests for excavation, sweep, Non-Destructive Examination (NDE) and inspection
- File and upload daily LEM sheets, site and safety inspector reports
- Submit outage requests to the appropriate Outage Planner(s) and follow up to make sure sites are approved prior to starting work
- Monitor work orders to ensure scope and costs are not exceeded
- Verify any revisions on Safe Excavation Pressure (SEP), deadline changes and other information that can affect the sites on their assigned zones, and provide a weekly progress report to Manager
- Review initial NDE reports for technical completeness
- Coordinate and assist in repair decisions
- Participate as required in Project kick off meetings, progress meetings, lessons learned meetings, and close out reviews
- Predict obstacles, challenges and risks to proactively determine mitigation strategies and innovative solutions to problems
- Assist during emergency response activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- PMP Certification preferred
- Demonstrated technical competence in at least one of the engineering disciplines, with the ability to overview and/or practice in other disciplines.
- 2-7 years of progressively complex detailed design and/or project management experience.
- Depending on technical education, accreditations and competency development in accordance with career ladders, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- General understanding of pipeline and terminal operations
- Software experience with: MS Office Suite, Oracle or SAP
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.
We have recently issued an updated Privacy Statement.
It’s important that you review and agree to the terms of the policy before applying to jobs.