Senior Mechanical Engineer
Our client, a major EPCM, seeks the services of a Senior Mechanical Engineer for a Perth based role for an initial 12 month contract.
About the role:
As the Senior Mechanical Engineer, you’ll be responsible for handling a high-profile minerals project from the Perth CBD office. We are looking for someone who can provide high quality technical leadership and capability to successfully handle the mechanical discipline element.
- Develop concept briefs, illustrations, scopes of work, specifications and instructive reports.
- Assess performance of mechanical assets against safety, cost, environmental impact and reliability in line with company standards.
- Assist with scope and budget development, as per the client and stakeholder needs.
- Provide regular updates and reports to Project Mangers relating to issues, proposed solutions and project progress.
- Manage the internal and external stakeholders to ensure expectations and deadlines are being met without issue.
Ideally, you’ll come with an extensive knowledge of resource/EPCM environments, material handling etc. We’re looking for someone who fosters a collaborative approach and promotes positive culture in their team. On top of this, we’ll be looking out for;
- Relevant tertiary level qualifications in Mechanical Engineering with at least 8 years of experience working in mining & minerals environments.
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written and an ability to manage both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience developing concept briefs and design illustrations.
- Use of CAD, 3D, MS Project, modelling software packages and Access are highly desirable.
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.
We have recently issued an updated Privacy Statement.
It’s important that you review and agree to the terms of the policy before applying to jobs.