Senior Transmission Development Specialist
Vacancy Number: 26134
Date Posted: May 22, 2020
Join a global leader in green energy!
Imagine a future where you power your career while creating a world that runs entirely on green energy.
Position: Senior Transmission Development Specialist, interconnecting offshore projects
Locations: Various Cities - North East US
Opportunity Details: Become a Senior Transmission Development Specialist in Electrical System Design & Grid Integration where you’ll ensure a results-oriented pragmatic response to the challenges faced when interconnecting our offshore wind projects into relatively weak coastal transmission systems by implementing state-of-the-art solutions.
- Take technical ownership of the interconnection and transmission solutions in coordination with the permitting, commercial, and technical teams
- Provide guidance to Project Development management regarding cost estimating, schedule, requirements, constraints, assumptions, and risks
- Be responsible for modelling different project scenarios to reduce overall risk and cost of energy
- Provide technical write ups in support of internal project teams and RFP responses
- Develop main drivers, provide input to the business case, and ensure optimization of the conceptual design and construction schedule
- Have a bachelor’s degree or preferably a master’s degree in electrical or civil engineering
- Have substantial experience developing and/or constructing high-voltage electrical substations and underground transmission assets for generation projects in the Northeast US
- Are acquainted with electrical grid code requirements for large generator and transmission assets in PJM, ISO-NE, and NYISO regions
- Consistently demonstrate a results-oriented and analytical approach to your work and enjoy working both independently and together with colleagues and business partners
- Thrive in an international environment with the ability to convey complex issues to internal and external stakeholders.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk and hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.