PDO Business Analyst
PDO Business Analyst
Duration: 12 months
Location: Houston, TX
Schedule: 5 Days per week, 40 hours per week
Company: midstream company
The PDO Business Analyst role supports projects related to process or system changes. The Business Analyst role indirectly reports to the assigned Project Manager to provide key project deliverables, including but not limited to Business Process Mapping, Current State Analysis, Business and Technical requirements gathering, and creation of required documentation including standards, procedures, and processes. The Business Analyst serves as a liaison to functional Business Leads in order to translate and prioritize requirements for the assigned project Key Responsibilities include:
- Assisting Project Manager with project scope definition and general business analysis support throughout the project lifecycle.
- May assist the Project Manager with project management tasks as needed, documentation, issues, change requests, status, etc.
- Strong writing skills to prepare business cases, current state (as-is) and future state (to be) analysis, process flow mapping, RACI and RAPID model, business process optimization recommendations, workshop facilitations, and training content.
- Responsible for preparing business requirements (business rules, business/functional/technical) specifications and managing requests for changes to the specifications.
- Maintains functional peer relationships and detailed working knowledge of the assigned areas systems, organization, and business processes.
- Ability to translate technical information into general terms understandable by broad audiences.
- Coordinate and participate in User Acceptance Testing activities.
- Can act as a cross functional Business Analyst to support multiple areas of the business, as needed (e.g. Integrity, asset management, work management, compliance, etc.)
- Business Analyst certification, related degree and/or a minimum of 10 years related experience within the oil and gas industry
- Experienced with business process mapping, including facilitating future state process development and creating process maps
- Understanding of project lifecycle stage gating controls and importance of document and records management
- Ability to support, adapt to change quickly, and move across various types of projects when needed
- Excellent writing skills, problem solving skills, interpersonal skills, oral communication skills, and time management
- Adept at interacting in both business and IT focused discussions with a strong understanding of information technology and its application to solving business problems
- Ability to influence and negotiate with clients and 3rd party vendors
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office products, especially Visio
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.
We have recently issued an updated Privacy Statement.
It’s important that you review and agree to the terms of the policy before applying to jobs.