Senior Pipeline Engineer
Senior Subsea/Pipeline Engineer - ConocoPhillips
Pipeline Project Engineer responsible for technical follow up of the installation and pre-commissioning of the DEH Flowline. Responsible for day-to day follow-up of key Subsea & Pipelines contract(s) and/or purchase order(s) with respect to HSEQ, cost and schedule performance within the engineering, manufacturing, onshore fabrication, subsea construction, and Ready for Operation disciplines.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the developing controlling documents for projects such as management, HSEQ, contract and procurement strategies, HSEQ Plans, Project Execution Plans, Decision Support Packages, Risk Management Plans etc.
- Participate in developing, reviewing and updating cost estimates and schedules for the various project phases.
- Coordinate as required or participate in project risk assessments, risk management activities and monthly risk register reviews and updates.
- Participate in preparation of Requests For Quotation for subsea & pipeline contracts and purchase orders.
- Participate in bid evaluations and clarifications and in developing bid recommendations.
- In accordance with delegated authority, manage, follow-up and coordinate the design and engineering work, material or equipment manufacturing, onshore prefabrication, subsea construction and Ready For Operation activities.
- In accordance with delegated authority manage, follow-up and coordinate contractual, commercial and schedule matters.
- Review design documentation and manufacturing, fabrication and installation procedures etc.
- Advise manager or project manager and project teams on design, engineering, materials, manufacturing, fabrication and installation issues, so that sound technical/commercial decisions are made.
- Assist with contingency, emergency and bridging procedures related to marine operations.
- Monitor subsea & pipelines construction contractors’ activities in respect to mobilization and operation of vessels and equipment in order to ensure Company HSEQ and contractual requirements are fulfilled.
- In accordance with established interface management procedures, ensure timely and technically sound interfacing with other relevant project groups and COPSAS technical responsible personnel (TAG) etc. and ensure CPI deliverables are correct and timely
- Prepare (input to) as applicable project progress reports, management and partner presentations etc.
- M.Sc. within subsea engineering & construction.
- Less formal education may be compensated with documented relevant experience.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with subsea engineering, construction and diving projects. Preference is for candidates with pipeline installation and CRA materials experience.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills in English and Norwegian Language.
- Strong commercial skills and business driver understanding to manage and direct the execution of engineering works and interfaces between contractors.
- Good interpersonal, networking, and relationship-building skills, both internally to the project and with contractors.
- Strong commitment to the implementation of Company’s health, safety, environmental and quality philosophies.
- Experience and ability to work in multi-disciplined teams and interfacing with internal organizations and external Contractor organizations.
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.
We have recently issued an updated Privacy Statement.
It’s important that you review and agree to the terms of the policy before applying to jobs.