Senior Subsea Controls Engineer
Subsea Controls Engineer
Job start date: 01.10.2020
Estimated job end date: 31.05.2024
Read the description and only apply if you are qualified !
Lead, direct & control and coordinate the design, procurement/manufacture, testing, installation support, commissioning and operations handover of subsea control systems, including associated platform modifications.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead, supervise, organize and control the subsea control system related project work
- Act as subject matter expert for subsea control systems.
- Perform technical and manufacturing review and acceptance of all project subsea controls equipment.
- Support bid technical preparation, evaluation and award recommendations for related procurement and contract mechanical items.
- Perform lead role in delivery of subsea control systems.
- Perform lead role in the subsea controls work and supporting the onshore and offshore worksites during manufacture, fabrication, installation, testing and hook-up and commissioning.
- Bring to the attention of Supervisor, and appropriate Project functions, relevant issues, recommendations for improvement, and implement as agreed.
- Actively participate in and lead related interfaces between Project, Well Ops, Operations, Contractors, Corporate experts and miscellaneous stakeholder groups in a timely manner
- Ensure development of appropriate testing/installation, operation/maintenance and closeout documentation.
- Ensure controls system equipment comply with Regulatory and Company requirements
- Ensure that activities support Project objectives and priorities.
- Master of Science (MSc) degree in related discipline.
- Experience with design development, qualification, testing, engineering of SCM (Subsea Control Module), SEM (Subsea Electronic Module), EPU (Electrical Power Unit), SCU (Subsea Control Unit), MCS (subsea Master Control Station), SPCU (Subsea Power and Communication Unit), SRM (Subsea Router Module), Subsea network communication, SCI (Subsea Communication Interface), CDU (Communication Distribution Unit), MDIS (MCS DCS Interface Standardization)
- Less formal education may be compensated with documented relevant experience.
Preferred competency (education, knowledge/experience & skills):
- Minimum 15 years proven experience with subsea control systems, in an offshore project environment, including component design, procurement, manufacture, construction, testing, HUC and handover.
- Experience of working within multi-disciplined teams and interfacing with Contractor, Well Ops and Operations organizations.
- Extensive knowledge in country authority and code requirements
- Strong communications, networking, influencing and interpersonal skills.
We are looking for a candidate allready in Norway or the UK
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.
We have recently issued an updated Privacy Statement.
It’s important that you review and agree to the terms of the policy before applying to jobs.