Senior Civil Engineer
- Work in a senior engineering capacity to ensure all civil and drainage works are completed to plan
- Ensuring all civil project work complies with statutory and regulatory requirements and company policies and practices
- Supervising preparation of preliminary and detailed designs and ensuring project work complies with conditions and parameters set out in project scope of works
- Supervising preparation of technical documentation for standards, specifications and procedures for civil engineering projects
- Liaison with other department engineers and draftspersons to ensure project goals are met
- Providing high level technical support for all civil engineering project work as required
- Monitoring progress and initiating remedial action where required to ensure civil engineering projects are completed on time and within budget
- Engineering degree in relevant discipline
- Minimum 8+ years in engineering design capacity
- Experience in drainage and storm water design
- Strong technical and practical knowledge of earthworks, roads and drainage design
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Australian and local design standards.
- Highly motivated with well-developed skills in problem-solving and written/verbal communication, collaborative working and time/priority management
- Proven commitment to safety with a focus on team work and quality
- Strong communications skills, with the ability to lead and mentor the broader engineering community
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.
We have recently issued an updated Privacy Statement.
It’s important that you review and agree to the terms of the policy before applying to jobs.