Offshore Delivery Project Engineer
- SERVICE location: Paris
- status: LOCAL Résident
- Start Date: Mid March/beginning April
- Duration: 12 months
Mozambique LNG is a 4 years mega LNG project and includes the development of the Golfinho and Atum offshore gas fields and the construction of a two-trains liquefaction plant with a capacity of 12.9 million tonnes per year (Mt/y) and onshore facilities including port and airport, and vessels. The Area 1 contains more than 60 Tcf of gas resources, of which 18 Tcf will be developed with the first two trains within a budget of 20 B$.
Job Dimensions :
The job holder is responsible for undertaking the delivery of technical / project management / discrete interface type tasks and work activities as allocated by the Offshore Delivery Manager. Tasks and work activities will be in general support of the ongoing activities and priorities of the Offshore Delivery Management Team, certain task and activities have already identified however others will be allocated as required depending on work load and priorities within the Offshore Delivery Management Team. In this respect the job holder shall need to have a wide experience across technical and project management subjects to ensure that relief can be brough to those parts of the Offshore Delivery management Team where needed.
Principle activities of the Offshore Delivery Project Engineer include;
- Undertake discrete ad-hoc tasks and work activities in support of the Offshore Delivery Manager and the Offshore Delivery Management Team.
- Development and implementation of an action tracking process and register for the Offshore Delivery Management Team including coordination and follow-up as actions become due.
- Coordination of risks evaluation, update and reporting for Offshore Delivery Team.
- Coordination, checking and oversight of updates to organization charts and manning plans.
- Coordination and oversight of recruitment processes interfaces between Offshore Delivery Team, HR and Contracts and Procurement Teams to ensure recruitments are completed in alignment with needs.
- Act as the Offshore Delivery Team coordinate for the development of a COMOPS / SIMOPS strategy and resulting process.
- Coordination and capture of the Company close out report inputs (in advance of key individuals being demobilized).
- Coordination and capture of lessons learned for the Offshore Delivery scope (in advance of key individuals being demobilized) and including leadership of lessons learned capture sessions and cascade of lessons learned from other Total Projects.
- Coordination and capture of threats and opportunities for the Offshore Delivery scope.
- Implementation, coordination and ownership of the significant change / deviation identification and reporting process associated to the Petroleum installation License.
- Review of technical aspects of contract correspondence and coordination of technical team in development of responses.
- Preparation of presentations, reports and other project deliverables.
- Review and approval of contractor documentation, procedures and other deliverables consistent with technical expertise.
- Become thoroughly conversant with project documentation, specifications and work procedures.
Qualifications / Expérience required :
- Strong track record in pipeline and subsea construction engineering, fabrication and installation activities with a minimum of 15 years relevant and direct experience.
- Significant experience in areas of;
- Offshore pipeline and infrastructure engineering, construction, fabrication and installation operations (including pipeline landfalls).
- Subsea production systems engineering and fabrication.
- General offshore subsea construction activities.
- Management of large scale EPCI contracts with work scopes related to offshore pipeline and subsea infrastructure.
- Bachelor or masters degree in engineering or technical subject.
- Capable to work autonomously with minimal management oversight once a work scope or activity has been clearly defined and objectives set.
- Capable of coping with a large number of ongoing diverse activities including the ability to prioritise efforts in resolution of issues presenting highest risk to the project.
- Ability to get along well with others in an international and multi-cultural environment and take a pragmatic approach to problem solving situations.
- Ability to develop good team working relationships within the project team (including contractors and contracted personnel) and progress collaborative problem solving.
- Fluency in the English language.
- Fluid communicator capable with excellent written and spoken communication skills (able to present complex issues in a professional and organized manner).
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.
We have recently issued an updated Privacy Statement.
It’s important that you review and agree to the terms of the policy before applying to jobs.