Piping Designer II
Piping Designer II
Duration: 5 years (Long Term)
Location: Borger, TX
Company: Oil & Gas Client
The role may require responsibility for collaboration with other offices, field data gathering, the arrangement and layout of equipment and the design of the interconnecting piping systems. The position includes responsibility for the following types of activities:
• Coordination of design activities with other project disciplines.
• Assist in schedule development as part of interactive planning sessions with other project team members.
• Maintain control of project piping scope.
• Knowledge of ASME, ANSI, API and other applicable codes.
• Preparation of plot plans, equipment layout, nozzle orientations
• Development of orthographic and isometric drawings.
• Generate/review piping specifications.
• Provide input for vendor equipment coordination for piping.
• Provide material take-offs.
• Develop construction specifications and scope of work documentation.
• Perform field verification activities since many projects are a retrofit nature.
• Support construction, commissioning and start-up activities.
• Must be able to work in Operating Plant Environments.
• AA in drafting/design or BS in Mechanical Engineering or a related technical discipline
Minimum of 5 years’ experience
• Piping experience in oil and gas, and/or chemical industries.
• Familiarity with ASME Piping Codes.
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.
We have recently issued an updated Privacy Statement.
It’s important that you review and agree to the terms of the policy before applying to jobs.