Project Manager Mining
Our client is currently looking for a Mine Project Manager to join their team. This is a permanent role located in Labrador City, Newfoundland and Labrador.
As a Project Manager with the Mine, ODS and PD team, you will manage a small portfolio of studies and/or larger capital projects while applying best practices to safely lead a team. Working in a matrix organization, your typical project team consist of engineering disciplines, construction, PMO, Procurements, Operations, Maintenance, Business Evaluation, and external partners.
Throughout the management of your portfolio from initiation to completion, you will continue to develop your Project Management skills, all while safely managing resources, project delivery, changes and risks. You will further hone your already keen communication and stakeholder management skills. Reporting to the Mine, ODS and PD Project Delivery Manager, you will be:
- Leading and coaching multi-disciplinary teams to safety and efficiently deliver your projects;
- Contributing to communities of practice to support the evolution of consistent good practices;
- Assisting with applying discipline governance and quality assurance across your projects;
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to drive a culture of partnership and improvement;
- Establishes and maintains excellent working relationships with all project parties;
- Actively promoting standardized processes, systems and tools;
- Providing technical support and direction to project stakeholders;
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Minimum of 15 years of proven project management experience;
- 10 years’ experience in mining and mineral processing projects;
- Bachelor of Engineering and Professional Engineer designation;
- Experience in leading performing teams;
- Demonstrated communication and influencing skills to gain commitment from your team, customers, and key stakeholders to successfully deliver on your goals;
- Possess PMP or a Master degree in Project Management;
- Bilingual in English and French, or have some fluency in both languages. English is a requirement for the role.
- Computer literate with previous experience utilizing Projects related software (ie. Primavera, Microsoft Project, Excel, Word and SAP) with the ability to learn new software programs.
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Complete the form below to apply for this job.
We have recently issued an updated Privacy Statement.
It’s important that you review and agree to the terms of the policy before applying to jobs.